blue sky blue sky blue sky

When someone is honestly 55% right, that's very good and there's no use wrangling. And if someone is 60% right, it's wonderful, it's great luck, and let him thank God. But what's to be said about 75% right? Wise people say this is suspicious. Well, and what about 100% right? Whoever says he's 100% right is a fanatic, a thug, and the worst kind of rascal.

An old jew of Galicia

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To understand the overall mood of this album, I would say think of the theme song of The courtship of eddie's father as a musical and lyrical reference.

You also said:

"I mean worse is a harsh term (for Sky Blue Sky). Like i said it's a good album.

All of these albums (Wilco's albums) are pretty close to one another and could easily be swapped out in order based on mood."

I know your "Eddie's Father" comment was meant to be funny, but nothing about that theme song would I classify as "good".

I think you're really wanting to say Sky Blue Sky sucks...yes?

You also said:

"I mean worse is a harsh term (for Sky Blue Sky). Like i said it's a good album.

All of these albums (Wilco's albums) are pretty close to one another and could easily be swapped out in order based on mood."

I know your "Eddie's Father" comment was meant to be funny, but nothing about that theme song would I classify as "good".

I think you're really wanting to say Sky Blue Sky sucks...yes?

No in a way I kind of mean it does sound/feel like Courtship. But as "silly" as that song is..I like it. That song has a kind of movement and vibe of the times. A kind of late 1970's bubblegum soulful groove.

Kind of like BSB, the overall feeling...fun, lovely, but not meaningful.

really? i

perhaps the single Wilco song I don't care for. I'm one of those people.

Isn't Brandon Cruz in the Dead Kennedys? :hmm

I used to love that friggin Eddie's Father song.

"my up my down my pride & joy..." :dancing

me too :wub

Uh yea...

Okay I am naive I know and I don't troll for new releases like other fans here, but I have this really strong feeling this is BS. AGIB leaked, but not this early. YHF was intentionally leaked months in advance of its release, but I suspect that this thing is not even completely mixed yet.

Either way I am willing to wait.

LouieB

The waiting is the hardest part...but isn't it really the best? Think Christmas. I don't care how good or bad the album is. It is still a wilco album and it contains what light. Thats all I need.

The waiting is the hardest part...but isn't it really the best? Think Christmas. I don't care how good or bad the album is. It is still a wilco album and it contains what light. Thats all I need.

technically you have already waited. 3 years. So it's o.k. to open your presents now.

No in a way I kind of mean it does sound/feel like Courtship. But as "silly" as that song is..I like it. That song has a kind of movement and vibe of the times. A kind of late 1970's bubblegum soulful groove.

Kind of like BSB, the overall feeling...fun, lovely, but not meaningful.

Ouch. I've heard the live versions, and, though the lyrics are simpler and less abstract, I don't find them to be "not meaningful".

Tomatoes, To-mah-toes.

oh I hear what you are saying - it'll be a late 'leak' - and when I think of leak I think of it showing up on the internet an available via bit torrent or along those lines. But an aussie release would indeed be a nice leak

Are you saying that it's typical for an album to be released in stores down under more than a month early? If so, I'm shocked!

Guest tandylacker
no, not at all. its just noraml for an album to make its way on the internet about 2 months before it is released - so a month in advance on tour wouldnt be a suprise. No if anything OZ is a bit behind regular releases

What a confusing conversation between you and nonlinear... But I'm sure its an A B conversation so I will just C myself to the door.

no, not at all. its just noraml for an album to make its way on the internet about 2 months before it is released - so a month in advance on tour wouldnt be a suprise. No if anything OZ is a bit behind regular releases

But just because it leaks online, I can't imagine that they would just start selling it in stores down there? At least, it doesn't work that way here in the states... do people sell pirated copies of the leak in stores - download the tunes, burn the CD's and make some money?