Now playing March 2007

thats a great record

NP

mountain goats.tallahassee

I you talk about the Kelly Willis album, I must say I don't like it as much as before. I like the title-track, but that's it. I still like Kelly Willis, though, there's something attractive about her, and no, it's not only her pretty face: her voice is sexy, too. :) I think her best album is Bang Bang.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I you talk about the Kelly Willis album, I must say I don't like it as much as before. I like the title-track, but that's it. I still like Kelly Willis, though, there's something attractive about her, and no, it's not only her pretty face: her voice is sexy, too. :) I think her best album is Bang Bang.

I still like "What I Deserve" a lot. Her best release was the EP "Fading Fast" though. Great stuff. Also, if you've never heard her cover of "Rex's Blues" with Jay Farrar, search it out.

admittedly, i have not listened to what i deserve in a while but i did really dig it. i was going to pull it out but maybe i will just leave it alone, now. yeah, rex blues is an amazing tune.

the besnard lakes are the dark horse - love this record

Great choice. I have been playing it all week. Definitely one of the year's best so far.

Gave that my first good listen on the plane the other day. Not the best album in existence, but it's really nice.

I agree, it's not their best but it's still good. Although, I do believe that Phantom Limb is their best song.

love ron sexsmith, he's got a new one out but have yet to listen to it.

np

vic chesnutt.west of rome

I'm a big fan. His new album is produced by Mitchell Froom like his first three (Whereabouts, mentionned above, being the third). The new album is as good as everything Ron put out so far. And he already has new tunes to record, he said lately! :)