Now playing March 2007

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

astralweeks.jpg

Majestic :music

"Desolation, hurt, and anguish are hardly the only things in life, or in Astral Weeks. They're just the things, perhaps, that we can most easily grasp and explicate, which I suppose shows about what level our souls have evolved to."

--Lester Bangs

astralweeks.jpg

Majestic :music

"Desolation, hurt, and anguish are hardly the only things in life, or in Astral Weeks. They're just the things, perhaps, that we can most easily grasp and explicate, which I suppose shows about what level our souls have evolved to."

--Lester Bangs

I'm not sure there is a better song in the entire world than the title track.

I'm not sure there is a better song in the entire world than the title track.

either me, and most of the rest of the album comes close, to boot. And I laugh at those who said Van did ever better, though I love Veedon Fleece a lot, too.

either me, and most of the rest of the album comes close, to boot. And I laugh at those who said Van did ever better, though I love Veedon Fleece a lot, too.

Yeah, I don't think Van ever came close to topping Astral Weeks. That is just a singular work that is an exhausting listen because of how emotionally heavy it is, but it is always worth the effort.

Yeah, I don't think Van ever came close to topping Astral Weeks. That is just a singular work that is an exhausting listen because of how emotionally heavy it is, but it is always worth the effort.

:thumbup A top 10 alltimer right there.

Put the t-tops in the trunk, take the comb out of your back pocket and put it in the center console with change, cigarettes, lighter and gum, spike your big gulp with some whiskey, drive the circuit from McDonald's to the Quik-Mart

on the other side of town with this blasting from your tape deck:

thefags.jpg

^Need to hear that. The link I got sent was expired...

B000HCPSOE.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Forgot how much I loved this.