How many listens does it take to get to the core of SBS?

I've listened to it four times, twice in a car and twice on my headphones. I, like Reagent, really dig Hate It Here, and Leave Me (Like You Found Me) is pretty solid too. Sky Blue Sky, the song, is so soft and lovely to listen to as well. Impossible Germany has to be my favorite though...

i loved it at first btu was still worried it was the wilco obsession talking but you are my face might be my new favorite wilco song... but yea it takes a few listens through to spot everyone and thats awesome, always finding something new

Re: Leave Me (Like You Found Me)

"Everybody's taaaaaaaaalkin' at me..." Every time I hear this song, I want Jeff to start aping Nilsson's honking vocal solo. I like the song okay, but it's awfully slight compared to much of the record, and it's not as fun as the other straightforward numbers. Pretty, though.

Re: Leave Me (Like You Found Me)

"Everybody's taaaaaaaaalkin' at me..." Every time I hear this song, I want Jeff to start aping Nilsson's honking vocal solo. I like the song okay, but it's awfully slight compared to much of the record, and it's not as fun as the other straightforward numbers. Pretty, though.

i think someone actually mentioned that yesterday!

One think I think helps get to the "core" is listening to the album loudly on a nice, big set of speakers. This album really needs some air between you and the source, and the tom hits feel so much better with the extra force. I listened to it this way first, and I started listening to it on my headphones this morning and it doesn't sound as good, although I enjoy listening for the little details that you miss with speakers.

after about 6 listens, i still cannot get into 'Shake it Off.' I think for me, it's the 'I'm a Wheel' of SBS.

I've only listened to it twice, so am in no way prepared to formulate a definitive opinion, but I distinctly remember thinking "this album needs an "I'm A Wheel".