New Paul McCartney single

Okay, the song is good. Reminiscent of listenable paul solo circa early 80s. This actually sounds like an outtake from McCartney II. Do like the 'Baby Your A Rich Man' keyboard.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the link.

I put this in the same category of most solo McCartney, which is to say that it is missing something. And that something is John.

ditto-something just happens when two great songwriters come together as the muses will. lennon/mca, jagger/richards, hunter/garcia. the sum is always so much more than the individual parts. although i think zeitgeist has ALOT to do with it. i mean, in 1968 anything lennon/mca did was probably incredible.

as much as we all like to think that John and Paul huddled together and wrote all the Beatles songs 50/50, the reality is that they wrote the seperately for the most part...

The new single's good, not great though. I dunno...didn't pull me in like Fine Line did on the first listen...

as much as we all like to think that John and Paul huddled together and wrote all the Beatles songs 50/50, the reality is that they wrote the seperately for the most part...

they didn't write together, but the parts the other would play/counter melodies, etc, added a lot.

I remember George in an interviewing talking about Paul's contribution to Something and While My Guitar (bass in S, piano in W).

And with She's Leaving Home - a McCartney song where Lennon came up with the idea to sing the answering part from a different point of view.

Agreed. I heard on XRT this morning, and I thought the produciton was horrible. The electric guitar sounds very 80s and cheesy, and the doubled vocals are really, really distracting. Shoulda stuck with Godrich as producer...

who's producing ? and who's playing on this ?

David Kahne produced. He also did The Strokes' First Impressions of Earth, and Paul's 2001 Driving Rain album. I wish he'd gone with Godrich again though. While this song is catchy, the production is distracting. Who knows, maybe it'll make more sense when we hear the whole album.

It'll be interesting to hear this stuff in Starbucks this summer...

thanks for the info.

I wonder if his band he's toured with is on this ? they are great.

I believe that the guitarist from the touring band confirmed that they all worked together again on this album at Abbey Road. Macca did Chaos on his own, McCartney and McCartney II style.

I like it. It's Paul. I expect to like it, but I don't expect Sgt. Pepper from his solo work. Sounds better than anything off of Driving Rain.

thanks for the info.

I wonder if his band he's toured with is on this ? they are great.

I'm hoping the same thing, maybe the album will make more sense

I read that Paul did most of the instruments on this track, but I too was under the impression that the album was recorded with his touring band.

Anyone hear anything remotely interesting in this song, lyrically or musically? I'm all for people putting out what they want to put out, God bless 'em, good for Paul. But is there any compelling reason to listen to this song twice?

upon first listen, i'm digging it. i know it doesn't sound like it, but it harkens back to the flowers in the dirt era (a bit "my brave face"ish), minus the clever elvis costello lyrics, of course.