shake It Off DVD

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, but this is the perfect shooting for this band right now.

One thing that I noticed is how much nicer the loft and Jeff's house look in Shake It Off than they do IaTtBYH. That rug in the loft really ties the room togther!

haha yeah the rug and bookshelves and guitar racks and lamps and Pier 1 curtains really make it look homey.

it's funny how when buying a record sometimes, it oddly takes the actual object in someones hands for them to fully appreciate it's artistic merit.

the dvd of them talking about making the record and the lyrics booklet, for example, with the photo of them in the Loft staring at the camera really helps.

its like they're saying, "We made this all for you. Love us as you already do. Though you may not know the full extent of your love, you will after a few listens." haha.

there's just something about homey recording spaces that make me wanna be in a band and write songs.

it's the whole creative/mad scientist/morning-night/composing in a big house aspect that I love.

so many great albums were recorded in these locational circumstances.

I think this was a bold move for the band, frankly. It says to me, without in any way denigrating or dismissing the efforts that production, instrumental improvisation and texturized imagination produced on yankee hotel foxtrot or a ghost is born: "here is how these songs looked and sounded as they were being recorded, with minimum overdubs, as a collective entity [we can (still) do it that way too, and well]"

The independent music store in my town was out of the deluxe versions on saturday...

They had like 20(?) to start.

so if you divide # of albums sold by days the album had been released you get...

20/-4= -5 copies sold per day!?!?!

THE ALBUM IS GOING NEGATIVE PLATINUM!

but seriously its pretty nice when the deluxe version of your CD sells out before the album is officially released... That's a really awkward refill request tho:

"uh Hi, nonesuch, this is scotties record store, yea we need more SBS deluxe editions..."

"Ummm, the album comes out 4 day's from now..."

"yeeeeeaaaaaaaaa about that............."

This was really really nice. I love all the atmospheric shots, and the alternate, live takes of the songs. I heartily recommend splurging to get this version.

Edie

well, being a canadian, ordering it from the store would cost me around $30 CAD when all is said and done... but i found it on amazon for $16.99, so i'll have to wait a while, but i'm getting it... can't wait!! ok i *can* wait, but you know what i mean!!! i'm already able to listen to the album thanks to wilcoworld, so it's not a huge deal for me to wait to get the cd/dvd. wilco is awesome :)

You know what I love most about this DVD? Seriously, "What Light." I know some people are probably sick of the bitching I've done about this song since last summer, but I honestly don't think I've ever witnessed a finer Wilco performance, ever, either live or on videotape. It's so warm and beautiful that I wish the album version had a fraction of the life it fairly pulses with in this film.

well, being a canadian, ordering it from the store would cost me around $30 CAD when all is said and done...

Dude, Sunrise. You're in a big city - walk in and buy if off the shelf for $18! That's how much I paid for mine.

Great DVD. I like some of the stories behind the songs, it makes me understand some of them better. My only problem is that it's too short but oh well, i'm hoping for a full fleged Live DVD after this tour. Impossible Germany is so awesome and I would;ve killed to have heard On and On and On live instead of just at the credits.

Where was Pat throughout the DVD? Couldn't he have been "squeezed in" even

for a song or two....was he even interviewed?

what dvd were you watching? there was more pat than i'd ever seen before. he even talked for a minute or two...and his hair was perfect.

what dvd were you watching? there was more pat than i'd ever seen before. he even talked for a minute or two...and his hair was perfect.

The kids kept interrupting, I'll watch again tonight; But there couldn't have been very many scenes.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that all the performances of the songs on the DVD are better than their studio versions. :shifty

i wouldn't disagree.

it was kind of the same thing with agib for me. they finally sold me on that album by their live performances. i'm already a fan of sbs, but seeing them perform the songs on the dvd made me an even bigger fan of this material.