shake It Off DVD

The mini documentary is fucking awesome. JT playing 'PBPWM' is one of the most beautiful acoustic performances I've ever seen. Nels on Impossible Germany totally tears it up and I really think they look/sound like the complete article that I was hoping for... I'm sure it'll surface someplace pretty soon, but If you can get hold of one of the Deluxe packages, you won't be disappointed. The cinematography is really emotive too, lots of roving camera shots reminiscent of IATTBYH and Jeff talking about Belleville etc... I'm particularly looking forward to some of the guitar transcriptions that will inevitably surface as there are lots of close up's for us guitar nerds...

get it.

Alex :thumbup

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost all the album has been figured out already! Check the tabs forum.

Thanks Kalle, but I meant the bits like Jeff's solo on SBS (which you can see really well!) I'm soldiering through the rest of the album from the tabs section, kinda' like fun homework!

Alex

:P

goddamn,

Nels's solo on the video of "Impossible Germany" is incredible.

especially at 13:30.

the man is a maniac.

i almost want to kiss him. haha.

can't wait to see the dvd when i get home.

i purchased sbs w/dvd at best buy for $22.99 before tax. not bad.

i would rather have gone to an independent store to get it, but they are now sadly extinct in my area.

i appreciate wilco letting us check out the new album the last two months for free. it probably took half that time for me to come to appreciate the album as much as i do now and i was more than happy to buy the disc, and dvd. very, very cool to add the dvd. i hope the fans show jeff and the guys that trust continues to build loyalty and that they won't hesitate to be as cool to us fans in the future. i know of no other band that is as good to their fans.

thanks again guys, and i hope to see you play in k.c. sometime soon.

My local Barnes and Noble had 6 copies of the DVD version (5 after I got mine) and 5 copies of the regular version. There were more copies of this than the new Linkin Park album. That's encouraging.

Yes. The DVD is GREAT, even better than I expected.

Agreed. There's more to it than I expected. Pleasant surprise.

I like the somewhat-thundering drum transition about halfway through "Hate It Here," which is more pronounced than on the LP version. I think that could be a great live moment.

I loved the DVD. Totally worth it.

A couple of notes:

1. Jeff mentions that he thinks Belleville might have the longest Main St. in the U.S. A quick Google search turns up Main St. of Island Park, Idaho as the official winner in that category at 33 miles.

2. After Glenn's interview where he says how comfortable he is with this lineup of Wilco moreso than any of the other lineups he's been involved in, my friend and I turned to each other and said, "Oh, no! He's totally setting himself up to be the next guy kicked out of Wilco!" :(

Did anyone notice the end credits say Trixie films in association with Nonesuch and dBPM Inc ?

Yeah totally!

I really love how this DVD was shot, I think it captures the band with a very nice warm film vibe. I like I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, but this is the perfect shooting for this band right now. And the little interviews are great, though I wish there were more of them. Ah well.

So now we know Sky Blue Sky is about sitting through a parade. But what does it mean when he says "I didn't die, I should be satisfied I survived"? What kind of deadly parade is this?

i viewed it as a simple appreciation of age and the life he's lived so far.

in the midst of a nostalgic memory of youth.

that's wrong of course. haha.

Did anyone notice the end credits say Trixie films in association with Nonesuch and dBPM Inc ?

The Sunken Treasure DVD says something about dBPM Inc as well.

Anyone else notice the Avalon? :wub

So now we know Sky Blue Sky is about sitting through a parade. But what does it mean when he says "I didn't die, I should be satisfied I survived"? What kind of deadly parade is this?

The giant horse poops that usually come with parades can be pretty dangerous stuff.

The dvd is absolutely wonderful. I was smiling the whole time and my toddler was rocking out all over the place to Walken (its been her fav song for a while now).

I'm so happy with all of it...the LP, cd, dvd, everything looks and sounds beautiful. :yay

great dvd.

the live performances are great and hint at what to expect on the tour. it's gonna be good...real good.

and it was cool to hear from each member of the band.

well worth the extra cash for the cd/dvd version.