shake It Off DVD

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree that watching the DVD has GREATLY enhanced my appreciation of the album. WOW!

Lee

i would agree that it enhanced my appreciation, but not greatly, since i already appreciated it.

CD and DVD just arived. I forgot about the t-shirt and cut a hole (very punk) in it opening the goofy packaging. DVD must hang as Carmona is beating Santana, 2-0 in the eighth and Mermaid Ave. is on the stereo. "I don't know what I'll do."

Update: four-hit shutout, but now Neko's Fox Confessor is rolling. You'll just have to chill, guys.

i finally got to see the dvd last night! my wife and i sat down to watch it last evening, and we loved it to say the least. though at its length it almost felt like a tease; i certainly didn't want it to end. i could have watched it all night.

Yea I was really suprised at how good it was. I expected a very bare bones no effort. A lot of labels jus slap the DVD in there now and fail to deliver. Shake It Off rocks though. I really dig these versions of the songs. Impossible Germany will melt your face off and Please Be Patient is so emotional, especially after the little story.

Anyway someone can rip the songs off of this. It would certainly make a nice little EP.

Hi folks,

I'm a first-timer on these boards, and an admittedly new Wilco fan. I started listening to the band after seeing them on Austin City Limits a few years ago with Bright Eyes for the Ghost is Born tour.

Anyhow, I love SBS with a passion. I think this is such a great album, and the DVD that came with it really was something special. I am a big fan of the sound on this DVD and as some of you have mentioned (and I agree with you) the DVD is almost better than the studio cuts. That said, I wish I could get a recording of these sessions in their entirity just for listening pleasure, but I think I may record the audio off of the DVD the way it is. I love the songs, and as Neil Young says, "live music is better."

It's nice to meet you, and you all seem cool from reading posts here.

I haven't seen wilco since before the new songs debuted. Watching this DVD gave me a new appreciation for this lineup and these songs that I didn't think I could have had. I mean, I love SBS. But these live performances put an exclamation point on every single gosh darn song. And an exclamation point on every single member of the band. I honestly gained a new appreciation for every member in the band -- especially Pat and Mikael.

I had waited a couple of days to watch -- it was such a treat. Thanks Wilco.

Welcome to the forum... I don't know what Wilco stuff you have but this is definitely the best place to start discovering the band. I'm pretty envious of the wonderful journey ahead of you...

That sounds pretty gay, so I'll round this reply off by saying you should definitely check out a full show someday, they are amazing live.

Alex :thumbup

Welcome to the forum... I don't know what Wilco stuff you have but this is definitely the best place to start discovering the band. I'm pretty envious of the wonderful journey ahead of you...

That sounds pretty gay, so I'll round this reply off by saying you should definitely check out a full show someday, they are amazing live.

Alex :thumbup

Thanks for the welcome. I'm still trying to secure tickets to the 6/14 show in Cincinnati, but I wasn't quick enough when they went on sale, and there are some pretty crappy seats left. Unfortunately there are a whole lot of scalpers all over the net making a fortune off of Wilco's music.

I put a post on Craigslist, so I'm hoping some honest soul out there is going to come through with some tickets they don't want and will sell for face value. It's got to be a horrible feeling for the guys in the band to know all these people out there are buying up tickets to their show and keeping them from people who have a genuine love of the music.

Hi folks,

I'm a first-timer on these boards, and an admittedly new Wilco fan. I started listening to the band after seeing them on Austin City Limits a few years ago with Bright Eyes for the Ghost is Born tour.

Anyhow, I love SBS with a passion. I think this is such a great album, and the DVD that came with it really was something special. I am a big fan of the sound on this DVD and as some of you have mentioned (and I agree with you) the DVD is almost better than the studio cuts. That said, I wish I could get a recording of these sessions in their entirity just for listening pleasure, but I think I may record the audio off of the DVD the way it is. I love the songs, and as Neil Young says, "live music is better."

It's nice to meet you and welcome :cheers Being a newer fan, you may or may not have seen the film: I am Trying to Break Your Heart. This is a documentary of the band recording Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. It is surely worth purchasing, as it comes with an awesome bonus disc.

It's nice to meet you and welcome :cheers Being a newer fan, you may or may not have seen the film: I am Trying to Break Your Heart. This is a documentary of the band recording Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. It is surely worth purchasing, as it comes with an awesome bonus disc.

Thanks very much for the tip, I will check that out for sure.

My Wilco experience so far has been enjoyable. I started with A Ghost is Born, because I was really into the set they did on Austin City Limits, and I decided to buy that album. I shortly thereafter bought YHF, and was also a big fan of that album. I've been listening to those two albums for a couple years now and then a friend of mine got a hold of an advance copy of SBS, and I listened to that for a few weeks until the special edition hit the shelves. I went out to the store on release day morning and there were plenty of copies.

I heard about the "I am trying to break your heart" DVD in the recent interview/article with Jeff Tweedy in Filter Magazine, but I wasn't 100% sure of what they were talking about, so now I have to go out and get that, too. :)

I loved the DVD - I converted it onto my iPod as well, so I sometimes just pick it up and listen/watch it wherever (including the bathroom)

How do you convert DVDs to ipod? I didn't know that was possible.

I have a strong feeling we may actually finally possibly see a live dvd this year sometime. That would be totally wickedly awesome. I absolutely really like adverbs.

Welcome, welcome...I just joined myself two days ago and I am ADDICTED!!! :thumbup

you'll need a dvd converter.

i use DVD Decrypter.

electric...do u check your email on here?!?

just finished watching the DVD.. excellent stuff!. nice that all the songs are complete and that commentary doesnt keep interupting them. this is gonna make a nice addition to the studio versions.

the enhanced track works fine as well (even though i missed the webcast!)

so, no need to set the neighbours house on fire (as much i'd like to)

just finished watching the DVD.. excellent stuff!. nice that all the songs are complete and that commentary doesnt keep interupting them. this is gonna make a nice addition to the studio versions.

the enhanced track works fine as well (even though i missed the webcast!)

so, no need to set the neighbours house on fire (as much i'd like to)

What is the enhanced track??

One thing I really have grown to love that was made clear in the DVD is the lovely use of cowbell in "Shake It Off". Makes me want to take a cowbell to the show to hit it at that part... but I won't because that would be annoying. And I don't have an afro.