shake It Off DVD

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone explain to me what Mikael Jorgensen says and how he sounds. He's like the new Leroy, silent supporter, man of many skills and zero glamor.

They all sound like Bryant Gumbel. Wilco is seriously the wussiest sounding rock band in the history of rock bands. Seriously.

Where can i see Shake it Off if i didnt pre order Sky Blue Sky???

You can buy the deluxe edition in stores. I got my copy (which included the "One True Vine" single) at Newbury Comics, but I'm sure you can get it elsewhere, also...

Forgot to mention, I really enjoyed seeing the live versions on the DVD. Although I wouldn't say that all of them are better than the studio tracks - Jeff forgot some words, etc. - I definitely liked some of them more, particularly the vocal on "Hate It Here."

i finally got to see the dvd last night! my wife and i sat down to watch it last evening, and we loved it to say the least. though at its length it almost felt like a tease; i certainly didn't want it to end. i could have watched it all night.

Ditto, but a few days later as we did the same thing last night finally. :)

Enjoyed the family bits/photo shoot too. Neat to see baby Tallulah (sp?). :) Watching all three guitars* on Impossible Germany was fantastic!

ETA: *They did show a glimpse of Pat on that one didn't they? :hmm Can tell I already need to watch it again.

I thought the DVD was awesome. I love how in the very beginning John plays around with the bass line in SBS. My only criticism would be of Tweedy's taste for furniture. Geez, everybody knows that shabby chic is like so 2001.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm still trying to secure tickets to the 6/14 show in Cincinnati, but I wasn't quick enough when they went on sale, and there are some pretty crappy seats left. Unfortunately there are a whole lot of scalpers all over the net making a fortune off of Wilco's music.

I put a post on Craigslist, so I'm hoping some honest soul out there is going to come through with some tickets they don't want and will sell for face value. It's got to be a horrible feeling for the guys in the band to know all these people out there are buying up tickets to their show and keeping them from people who have a genuine love of the music.

Have you checked out the tickets forum here? There's currently a thread offereing some tickets to that show:

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=28409

M. Chris, are those still available?

Finally got to watch this and loved it.

High points: no doubt Walken, a great version and nice illustration of collaborative spirit; Sky Blue Sky and Jeff's story about the parade.

Low point: Impossible Germany sounded a bit off, with Nels solo not as sharp and uplifting as usual in this song live and on the cd; also was not so clear about Jeff's commentary after the song (I'll go back and listen but if someone has an idea about what the hell Jeff was trying to say I'd love to hear it); also, On and On and On was cut during the closing credits, I think, which is too bad because it's such a lovely song all the way through.

All in all another Wilco treasure...

:worship

Guest ChooChooCharlie
Does anybody know what park they show in the video? Is it Grant Park or Lincoln Park by Belmont Habor?

Good question! I can't identify it either...Does anyone know?

I have only watched the DVD once, but I seem to recall shots both of Lincoln Park on the N. Side

Yeah, by the golf course building...that's what I was thinking.

• 2 years later...

I realize I'm almost three years late for this party...but. This DVD just showed up in my mailbox from Netflix! It seems my husband ordered it and didn't tell me. Best of all, I didn't even know this existed. Happy Day!! Now, just have to wait (im)patiently until tonight when I can sit down and watch it...