The Thanks I Get (Studio Version)

This isn't a joke. The uploader claims to have pulled this out of the "bonus section" of the Sky Blue Sky disc . Someone who is savvy needs to search the rest of the bonus content to see if there is anything else like maybe a non 128 version of "Let's Not Get Carried Away".

So much for this being on the next album. This really sounds great.

:dancing

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a joke. The uploader claims to have pulled this out of the "bonus section" of the Sky Blue Sky disc . Someone who is savvy needs to search the rest of the bonus content to see if there is anything else like maybe a non 128 version of "Let's Not Get Carried Away".

So much for this being on the next album. This really sounds great.

:dancing

It still could be on the next album. Remember that they released Handshake Drugs on the "More Like The Moon EP and made it a free download, and yet it still would up as a different version on AGIB.

Downloading it now off the cd. Thanks for letting us know!

the song is actually available for download. just pop in your cd, and click on the bonus content.

Ha! And I paid 99 cent!

I didn't see where i could get this from the CD - only that webcast info. Huh.

when you open the "webcast player", just click again (On "Click HERE") and youll get a little circle that comes up that says "Download" "The thanks I get"

"MAKE IT BETTER" hahaha

Downloads from oink, hidden tracks on the CD, extra tracks on iTunes, video downloads if you pre-order the CD, a CD with the LP, the bonus CD with the DVD, etc.

I know it's been said before on here, but this is plain silly.

Downloads from oink, hidden tracks on the CD, extra tracks on iTunes, video downloads if you pre-order the CD, a CD with the LP, the bonus CD with the DVD, etc.

I know it's been said before on here, but this is plain silly.

I didn't even think to stick the CD in my computer! I thought the DVD + One True Vine single were the "enhanced" parts. I guess that's why you never ASSUME - it makes an ass out of u and me

run out to my car and grab the disk out of it would ya please. i don't feel like getting up right now.

Man, I just did that - you should've asked me five minutes ago I could've swung by your desk.

For those who knew about this being in the bonus content, when and how did you find out? Before I started this thread it looks like there was only one person who knew about it and I found out because I saw it on oink.

Great version: this should have been on the album. It sounds so much better than the live versions I heard - it has just a little more looseness and swagger. As for the album: it's the gift that keeps on giving. Kinda wish I had got the DVD but "One True Vine" and the live version of "Theologians" are great. As I think about it, I would have been very happy with a 14 song album or better still "Is That The Thanks I Get" replacing "Shake It Off". I think I am in the minority but I think "Let's Not Carried Away" is truly awful: a rock song that doesn't rock.

For those who knew about this being in the bonus content, when and how did you find out? Before I started this thread it looks like there was only one person who knew about it and I found out because I saw it on oink.

wilcoworld sent an e-mail:

Guten Tag from Germany, where Wilco are five shows into the Sky Blue Sky World tour. We just wanted to take a moment here from mobile HQ (aka the bus) to thank you for heeding the call and supporting the band in overwhelming numbers. The result? Our biggest week ever... #4 on the US Charts, #7 in Norway, #9 in Canada and top 40 in Sweden, Germany, Spain, Ireland and the UK. Bravo to you all... and great thanks from the band (who are sleeping now after a great show in Berlin last night).

To show our gratitude, beginning today, we're making more content available via the Enhanced CD... this time a free download of the studio recording of the aptly named "The Thanks I Get". Many of you will know this track from hearing it live or in the Sunken Treasure DVD. This particular version was recorded at the loft during the sessions for SBS. For instructions on how to access the download, click here. If you bought the digital version of the record via iTunes, it'll also be available there next week.

There's a lot of new stuff on the site now: interviews & other press stuff in the "In Print" section and new streams, podcasts, etc in "On the Air". Both are in the site's News section. More live material coming soon to the Roadcase, including the archives of the Shepherds Bush shows... so stay tuned. And of course a LOT of shows lined up this summer with more added all the time, so be sure to keep an eye on the Shows page.

see you out there soon, wherever you are..

peace & thanks again

The HQ mobile staff

p.s. Sky Blue Sky still streaming here

has one album had this many goodies w/ it ever? cd, lp + cd, cd+ dvd, bonus disk, itunes bonus track, enhanced cd bonus track, live concert webcast, and probably more to come/more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

has one album had this many goodies w/ it ever? cd, lp + cd, cd+ dvd, bonus disk, itunes bonus track, enhanced cd bonus track, live concert webcast, and probably more to come/more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Sgt. Pepper had those cool cut-out mustaches and stuff.