The inevitable sell out post

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys. What's going on? :wave

We're talking about how people who make money from their art are evil.

(Did you see what I just did there?!? Johnny's an artist and I was making with the jest! Ha!)

Guest Speed Racer

WARNING: The following post contains a horrible pun, allusions to a prior album and a thread from several years ago, and (to reiterate) a horrible pun.

I suppose you could say that Bugs are the Spiders of '07. :mellow

The thing you have to understand about message boards/web communites/fanbases is that it really doesn't matter how old you are or when you became a fan. All fanbases have 'sacred texts' of which most of the members are familiar. Seniority counts for something, but it goes both ways - you might have been a fan longer, but you're new here. A lot of the abrasiveness stems not from posters' lack of familiarity with articles you're mentioning, but with the fact that because you have been a fan since way back you assume they don't know what you're talking about when you mention things that most everyone here knows.

That's not your fault at all, I'm just letting you know that's what's up with poor reactions to posts like that.

Just out of curiosity, are your principles exactly the same as they were in 1991? I know mine aren't, and that's not a bad thing.

I understand and apologize for my abrasiveness

No offense, but that sounds a bit more like throwing your hands up and giving in. You can lead a perfectly comfortable life without compromising your ideals and ethical beliefs. Of course, everyone else will think you're crazy, but then, who cares?

Of course Courtney would say such a thing

haven't you had enough of this subject by now? isn't there anything else in your life? I happen to know there is... some of you should be working instead of posting. you wouldn't want to lose your job now would you.... especially with a wife and baby at home...

:realmad

Nice first post. Welcome. I assume this isn't aimed at me since my youngest is 12 - not really a baby anymore.... But I probably should be working. The Detailed Financial Pressures 2007-08 Update is due today.

heartfelt and real responses like that go a long way. in my eyes at least.

no one can fairly argue the way you just put it and you said what you feel about the situation to boot.

should've said all that in your very first post.

and now we got a 30+ page thread. haha.

haven't you had enough of this subject by now? isn't there anything else in your life? I happen to know there is... some of you should be working instead of posting. you wouldn't want to lose your job now would you.... especially with a wife and baby at home...

:realmad

ummmmm....Jess?