Now playing for the month of June...

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the title track. Is the rest of the album better?

IMO yes.

The extensive "noodling" w/that compressed high octave modulating sound that is present in "Icky Thump" isn't used so liberally through out the rest of the tracks;(although it's peppered here and there).

I'm digging just about every other track on the album more than this one.

Really like:

Effect and Cause

You don't know what love is

Rag and Bone

Still playing:

61FbLTOzJcL._AA240_.jpg

how's his stuff?

Jeremy from Arcade Fire tours and plays w/ them whenever he's not on tour w/ AF but i've yet to hear any of it...

Yeah he seems to certainly be well connected. I get a Howe Gelb feel to this record - very stark and forthright. Also reading that he's part of the 'Sno Angel Like You' ensemble, which makes sense.

Kyle - there's a flash player that streams the whole cd up in the corner of his site.

http://www.jimbryson.org

Think I'm gonna purchase it...

Bitter_tea.jpg

Hearing Benton Harbor Blues reminds me of why I a place in my heart for the Fiery Furnaces.

By the way, does any one know if Sonic Youth is doing a promotional deal with next week's release of Daydream Nation Deluxe Edition?

"I need a saga!"

3128P1EDDPL._AA240_.jpg

"You can't even hear it!"

516VTWSk7gL._AA240_.jpg

just got back from this show:

electric soft parade

pela

brakes

oh yeah, it was awesome. would have been better if more than 40 people had stuck around after the pela set... :realmad

That sucks! But glad it was a good show regardless of the lack of audience members.

A bit folky, a bit country, a bit like Lavender Diamond but without the dominance of female vocals... I can't quite put my finger on who they remind me of, but it's really lush stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/theponycollaboration

Pretty good. I prefer the last song - The Fast Lane - when both the man and woman sing together, and it sounds melodically a lot like Belle & Sebastian to me. The production is definately a lot like Lavender Diamond, your're right.

just got back from this show:

electric soft parade

pela

brakes

oh yeah, it was awesome. would have been better if more than 40 people had stuck around after the pela set... :realmad

EDIT: i'm really hating this brakesbrakesbrakes shit, by the way...

seeing the same line up Tuesday and I'm really bad about making the openers on time. Are ESP and Pela worth being early for?