Any complaints/comments about this one?

Well, yeah...because U2 are about 20 years past irrelevence, and Pearl Jam is about the worst excuse for a rock band I've ever heard.

Well, yeah...because U2 are about 20 years past irrelevence, and Pearl Jam is about the worst excuse for a rock band I've ever heard.

You're the worst excuse for something something...

Keep in mind that the list is built by Rolling Stones, listing the top 20 best live bands, and listing with only regard to performance credibility.

With that said, why isn't Bruce Springsteen on the list?

Any complaints/comments about this one?

Well, it's only a reader's poll and I tend to think that people firstly rank their favorite band instead of a more objective

point of view, if that ever existed, of which one truly is a great live act. (Damn, Radiohead and the RHCP are so reader's clich

Well, it's only a reader's poll and I tend to think that people firstly rank their favorite band instead of a more objective

point of view, if that ever existed, of which one truly is a great live act. (Damn, Radiohead and the RHCP are so reader's clich

You're the worst excuse for something something...

Keep in mind that the list is built by Rolling Stones, listing the top 20 best live bands, and listing with only regard to performance credibility.

With that said, why isn't Bruce Springsteen on the list?

Because every right thinking, scraf wearing hipster type KNOWS that LCD Soundsystem, Muse and Gogol Bordello are rock 'n roll future.

Why does anybody even pay attention to RS anymore?

bruce.jpg

That's it, isn't it, it's a readers poll. What these polls/lists do is simply a dressed up bit of market research. Rolling Stone know exactly which readers to target, and more importantly, so do the advertisers, which is the sole purpose of music magazines.

Having said that, aprt from Wilco, who I never expect to get particularly high in these 'polls', I think The White Stripes are the best current live act. Springsteen and The Who should in there, but that just reflects RS's readership...

...Print media is dead. RS has become the very thing that it once stood in opposition to: a bloated, self important, card carrying member of the MACHINE.

I don't really have anything against any of the bands on this list--the ones I've seen were pretty good and the rest I've at least heard good things about. (except who the hell is Gogol Bordello?--I must be more out of it than I thought) But lists like this are so pointless. I really don't see the need to do this kind of thing over and over.

Edit: the funny thing is that the best thing I got out of this list is that I am now looking up Gogol Bordello. Wow, gysy punk? Really? Well, you learn something new every day...

Well, yeah...because U2 are about 20 years past irrelevence

i saw two shows on U2's most recent tour...they were absolutely incredible...i'd say they are the best arena rock show out there and i don't even like U2 that much

Well, yeah...because U2 are about 20 years past irrelevence,

It may be your opinion, but I give it as much creedence as arguements about creationism.

Age means nothing.

Muddy Waters and John Lee Hooker were kicking it until they kicked the bucket.

and Pearl Jam is about the worst excuse for a rock band I've ever heard.

...have you ever heard Motley Crue?

i saw two shows on U2's most recent tour...they were absolutely incredible...i'd say they are the best arena rock show out there and i don't even like U2 that much

U2 is my favorite band besides Wilco. I've seen them quite a few times over the years, and they've got an incredible energy live. They definitely deserve to be there.

I would've ranked Wilco higher, but hey, I'm biased.