Now Playing: September 2007

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while not as good as, definitely their most solid effort since the colour and, unlike most of the albums since then, i don't actually skip the ballady acoustic parts. i like it a lot.

the acoustic/ballady ones on here aren't all bad (one of them is shitty though), but like Bobbob pointed out, they're loaded in the 2nd half making for a bit of an uneven listen. had they spread 'em out, might have been even better of a record.

i think i'm just kinda tired of Grohl at this point in a few ways, which hurts me to say it, but i see them just kinda treading water (albeit, doing quite well at that) these days...

Strawberry-Jam.jpg

still not a fan of this animal collective. too much going on for my tastes. I like "unsolved mysteries", though that also has too much embellishment and is drawn out. i find bits of the album attractrive, sounds and melodies, but the overall feeling is repetitive, drawn out, and unpleasant...and not in a good way.

Have you heard any of their other albums? If not, maybe you'd prefer the previous two (at least) as they are not so abrassive - especially Sung Tongs which is mainly acoustic. Then, what would I know as I think the new album is one of the best things out this year. Oh, you might like Person Pitch by Panda Bear too perhaps - although that is very repetitive, albeit it in a hazy tance-like kind of way. You can check them both out at myspace - Animal Collective / Panda Bear where there's a mixture of their stuff. Bros by Panda Bear is my favourite song released in a very very long time.

NP.

4128J040A6L._AA240_.jpg

Have you heard any of their other albums? If not, maybe you'd prefer the previous two (at least) as they are not so abrassive - especially Sung Tongs which is mainly acoustic. Then, what would I know as I think the new album is one of the best things out this year. Oh, you might like Person Pitch by Panda Bear too perhaps - although that is very repetitive, albeit it in a hazy tance-like kind of way. You can check them both out at myspace - Animal Collective / Panda Bear where there's a mixture of their stuff. Bros by Panda Bear is my favourite song released in a very very long time.

NP.

4128J040A6L._AA240_.jpg

I do like 'Person Pitch', I didn't like 'Feels' when I heard it, which was awhile ago. I should probably check out 'Sung Tongs', though I get the impression i'm never going to be a superfan.