My new favorite song from Sky Blue Sky

When SBS first came out, I played Impossible Germany incessantly. I declared it the signature song of the album, etc. and

the one that would be most remembered.

My opinion of IG hasn't changed, and I was loving Hate it Here for awhile, but I cannot stop listening to "Please Be

Patient With Me". I don't know if it's the guitar, the melody, the simple elegance of the song, or the lyrics, but this song is just amazing.

Even when they aren't rocking, Wilco rocks!

I also love PBPWM.... so many vivid images in that one.

And I was never a fan of "On and On and On" but after seeing it live last night, I'm converted. He packs that with tightly with emotion on stage. Wow.

Guest Left Arm Tan

Please Be Patient With Me is most definitely my favorite song on SBS. I think there are a few, You Are My Face, Walken & Impossible Germany, that jumped out at me initially, but I just think Please Be Patient With Me is vintage Tweedy, at least lyrically speaking. I love it. And yes the guitar is great too.

"Leave Me (Like You Found Me)" has always been one of my favorites. it may not necessarily be the best song on the record or anything, but i've always loved it. does anyone know if they've played it live yet? the last time i checked, they hadn't...

-justin

nup, the only one thats unplayed so far

• 4 weeks later...

You Are My Face.

Great organ fill-ins (sounds like a little Garth influence).

Nice guitar licks (sounds like Robbie Kruger)

Lets not forget Glens galloping drums.

That CD has been stuck in the car player for 3 weeks now!

Can't say I like Walken much. Just kind of reminds me of Rod Stewart years after he should have packed it in. Feel the same way a little about Hate It Here - a bit Rod , a bit bland, even if its is a decent tune.

ps I hate Rod Stewart post 1973

I agree with your Rod statement but disagree in regards to "Walken".

"Leave Me (Like You Found Me)" has always been one of my favorites. it may not necessarily be the best song on the record or anything, but i've always loved it. does anyone know if they've played it live yet? the last time i checked, they hadn't...

-justin

yep. it may not be the most amazing track on the album, but Leave Me (Like you found me) is definitely one of my favorites. I just love the lyric: "On the city streets, people are climbing the trees" so good.