Vibes for my grandfather

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love to all of you, Jen.

I hope your family is encouraged to invite hospice in. They really are angels that walk among us and make the process of passage a true gift for the remaining family.

That's a good suggestion. At this point it's too late to help my grandfather (he's heavily sedated and won't wake up again) but his wife could benefit from hospice services. I'm not sure if that has been offered or if she would accept, but when I talk to my mom today I'll mention it to her.

Thanks again for your thoughts, everyone. I'm kind of disconnected from the whole thing, being so far away. I love him dearly. He is one funny dude. I'll really miss him on those holidays that he would come up north for. I'm so thankful that he was able to make it to my wedding. That was his last trip to CT. Funny story...as we said our "I do"s and turned to walk down the aisle as a married couple, my grandfather yelled from the front row "Don't forget to take out the trash, Al!"

web.jpg

Aww. My thoughts are with you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. All my best to you and your family at this difficult time.