What's on your desktop?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Changed the desktop background this week. It was really windy on Sunday and the Kalamazoo Gazette sent a photographer to South Haven to get the annual waves-crashing-over-the-pier shot:

SouthHavenLighthouse.jpg

hey, is that Big Red?

hey, is that Big Red?

I don't recall the South Haven lighthouse ever being referred to as Big Red. For some reason I think that is what they call the Holland lighthouse.

For some lighthouse trivia, did you know that Michigan has the most lighthouses of any state? Come on up A-man, check out a lighthouse, and stimulate our dire economy.

eta: FYI, that is the South Haven South Pier lighthouse on Lake Michigan.

I don't recall the South Haven lighthouse ever being referred to as Big Red. For some reason I think that is what they call the Holland lighthouse.

For some lighthouse trivia, did you know that Michigan has the most lighthouses of any state? Come on up A-man, check out a lighthouse, and stimulate our dire economy.

eta: FYI, that is the South Haven South Pier lighthouse on Lake Michigan.

oh you're right! Big Red is in Holland. i've been there many times, as my husband grew up in Holland, but we've been to south haven a few times and gone to that lighthouse too, which must have mixed me up. that's a gorgeous pic you have.

Do you live around a lighthouse? Maybe Ms. Viatroy and I can get up there sometime.

there isn't one in my town, but we're just south of portland and there's portland head light in the city, and between here and there is Two Lights in cape elizabeth -- two lighthouses close together, plus a lobster shack place to eat on a cliff over the sea. you and ms. viatroy should definitely come up sometime! if it's in the spring we can go to Two Lights and eat outside by the water. (it's closed now for the winter.) ms. viatroy's daughter has probably been there.

there isn't one in my town, but we're just south of portland and there's portland head light in the city, and between here and there is Two Lights in cape elizabeth -- two lighthouses close together, plus a lobster shack place to eat on a cliff over the sea. you and ms. viatroy should definitely come up sometime! if it's in the spring we can go to Two Lights and eat outside by the water. (it's closed now for the winter.) ms. viatroy's daughter has probably been there.

Hopefully, we shall one day.