Are The Beatles your favorite band ever?

Are The Beatles your favorite band ever?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are The Beatles your favorite band ever?

• yes
    • no

And, GD-it, I'm going to do it again when the remastered versions come out. Because the Beatles are now, and always been, my favorite band.

is this happening? and if it is, please tell me that Little George Martin, or whatever that son of Martin is called, is not getting involved in the remastering . . . i've always felt that the beatles music sounds rubbish on cd, and maybe now they are going to do something about that!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this happening? and if it is, please tell me that Little George Martin, or whatever that son of Martin is called, is not getting involved in the remastering . . . i've always felt that the beatles music sounds rubbish on cd, and maybe now they are going to do something about that!

I have heard it will be part of the whole looming "get the Beatles on iTunes" extravaganza. And I do think the little Martin will be involved - maybe even be in charge. Twenty years ago, when they first came out, the Beatles CDs sounded really good compared to other transfer efforts, if you can believe it.

I hated that nerd, from my Celtics painter's cap to the tips of my green Chucks. :D

Aw, c'mon now. You had to have even the slightest bit of affection for somebody on those old Laker teams? Even when he was sinking the 'baby hook' to beat y'all, Magic was pretty damn likeable. I always liked Parrish. He seemed cool. And Bird of course. Larry vs. Magic has to be the all-time best rivalry.

Just so that I don't totally hijack the thread... Hey! How 'bout that White Album!!!

Aw, c'mon now. You had to have even the slightest bit of affection for somebody on those old Laker teams? Even when he was sinking the 'baby hook' to beat y'all, Magic was pretty damn likeable. I always liked Parrish. He seemed cool. And Bird of course. Larry vs. Magic has to be the all-time best rivalry.

Just so that I don't totally hijack the thread... Hey! How 'bout that White Album!!!

I blame growing up with the Beantown inferiority complex.

:monkey

I have heard it will be part of the whole looming "get the Beatles on iTunes" extravaganza. And I do think the little Martin will be involved - maybe even be in charge. Twenty years ago, when they first came out, the Beatles CDs sounded really good compared to other transfer efforts, if you can believe it.

Capitol wants you to buy the 60 dollar boxsets.

Capitol wants you to buy the 60 dollar boxsets.

Umm, that won't happen. In all candor, I'll probably just get them off iTunes. The "plus" files are 256 kpbs AAC's, a higher rate than I rip at anyhoo, and can be given to friends and family. (In theory.)

Umm, that won't happen. In all candor, I'll probably just get them off iTunes. The "plus" files are 256 kpbs AAC's, a higher rate than I rip at anyhoo, and can be given to friends and family. (In theory.)

I have not bought them myself. But - they are in the configuration I grew up with. Up until Sgt. Pepper that is. I figure I will buy them eventually - as I don't really listen to anything but Wav files - unless I can only get something in FLAC or Mp3 or Shn.

Most important and influential band in rock, yes! My favorite band, not quite, but up there.

its an interesting one actually, even though most people would agree on them perhaps being the most important bands of all time and i do myself

i dont listen to them an awful lot, its like they're so big and i know all the tunes so well anyway i dont think to put them on so i would say no they are not my favourite band

anyone else get the same thing with them?

Yes, but I don't think that obligates you to enjoy listening to them more than somebody else. That's an entirely different thing.
I don't listen to Mozart or Beethover every day either...but I understand and acknowledge their greatness.
Most important and influential band in rock, yes! My favorite band, not quite, but up there.
Kind of like I have said before...the most overrated band of all time and the most viscerally important band of all time.