Andrew Bird

Andrew Bird

1. Intro

2. Sovay

3. A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left

4. Why? (stopped and restarted)

5. Spare-Ohs

6. Plasticities (stopped and restarted)

7. Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning (?)

Wilco

1. Sunken Treasure

2. You Are My Face

3. Company In My Back

4. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart (noise intro)

5. Handshake Drugs

6. A Shot In The Arm

7. Side With The Seeds

8. Via Chicago

9. Impossible Germany

10. Sky Blue Sky

11. Forget the Flowers

12. Hummingbird

13. Jesus, etc. (with Andrew Bird on violin)

14. Walken

15. I'm The Man Who Loves You

16. The Late Greats

Encore 1:

17. Hate It Here

18. Heavy Metal Drummer

19. In A Future Age >>>

20. Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Encore 2:

21. Airline to Heaven

22. Too Far Apart

23. Red-Eyed & Blue >>>

24. I Got You (At The End Of The Century) >>>

25. Outtasite (Outta Mind)

funny/extraordinary tidbits:

Bird: Messed up the violin loop twice on Why? (ended up using the second loop, even though it was off) - "We can make it work"

Bird: Used a toy clock apparatus on Spare-Ohs

Bird: Messed up the guitar loop on Plasticities

Wilco: Nels falls as the band takes the stage for the first time. Jeff wears a crazyyyy white suit with birds and stuff embroidered on it.

Wilco: Nels - "Usually I only fall at the end of the show. Tonight was special." Jeff - "He couldn't handle the suit."

Wilco: Jesus, etc. with Andrew Bird. Absolutely beautiful.

Wilco: "Glenn does this cute thing. Do it, Glenn." -> Glenn's rock-star pose at the beginning of I'm The Man Who Loves You.

Wilco: Pat falls as the band takes the stage for the first encore. The culprit? A banana peel. Jeff - "OK, so who left the banana peel on the stage?"

Wilco: Everyone is finally standing when the band takes the stage for the first encore. Jeff - "Sir, I have been trying to get you to stand up all night!"

Wilco: Jeff - "You guys have impeccable timing." "Do you guys hate the Buckeyes?" "You guys are impervious to rock pandering." -> during the breakdown in Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Wilco: Jeff's falsetto solo at the end of Too Far Apart - "any closer to...Ohio."

Wilco: Red-Eyed & Blue >>> I Got You (At The End of the Century) >>> Outtasite (Outta Mind). Enough said.

Best time of my life. Seriously.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just incredible. I'd almost say that was better than the Chicago show, but other 10,999 people that were at that Millennium Park show would probably disagree. Said hi to Jeff before the show. I think he was just getting back from a jog around campus/downtown. I took a friend and my parents and all three loved it. I didn't get the whole sitting down thing. Quite a few people sat through the whole show....oh well. All in all great night. And it was really good to see Wendy again!!!

edit: I think I saw taper mics on either side of the stage in front and I just want to say that I really like how they're hitting harder on the older stuff. Sounds great.

That was quite an amazing show. The encores were a terrific ending to a great show. The last 7 songs blew my mind, I've never heard I've Got You, Red-Eyed, In a Future Age, Outtasite. Wow.

Also, got to meet Andrew Bird and talk with him briefly after the show. Great to see him up there on Jesus, etc.

I have tons of photos. I'll sort through them eventually and post the good ones.

My friend and I were like, "what are we gonna say to him? what do we talk about?"

I just walked up, told him nice show, he signed me ticket. I also talked to him about his show in Nelsonville last night and the new song he was working on, and a real old song he played the other night. Very nice person, very genuine.

I'm just back in Cleveland. Outstanding set! I'd given up on going because of the Indians, but after showing up to at the newsroom I was able to switch to working Thursday night (Game 5, aka The Clincher) and I hi-tailed it to Columbus at about 6:50. Missed A. Bird (which sucks, but I'd rather see him as a headliner), entered the aud needing a rest stop just as Sunken Treasure was starting. Had to go the whole show, but held my water - keeps you from getting too comfortable!

Really really fun show ... as noted above, Nels - having barely walked onto the stage over on Pat's side -- tripped on some cords (I think Pat's guitar almost fell), but he was spinning out of control while trying to not fall, and eventually failed, diving head-first across the stage as he slid into his own home space. I don't think a stunt person could have done a better physical "save" though -- Nels went on to perform at his usual insanely gifted and frenetic pace all night long! :worship

Also this: After the first encore, Pat came out onto the stage and did a great Chevy Chase pratfall, got himself up, pretended to be all mystified about what keeps causing these trip-ups on stage -- then held up a slimy banana peel as the faux-culprit. :banana

There was some funny physical comedy from the Wilcos tonight. The songs were good too. ;)

But the best part IMO was the Nudie Suit. No comedy here, though -- he seriously looked great in it. :wub

We've discussed Nudie Suits in the past: I'll see if I can dredge up the old thread.

283755224.jpg

Edit: Great to visit briefly with Bryan and his entourage ... we hustled home afterwards and I so I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed this so much. I wasn't at the Pritzger show, but this was easily better than the recent Indy show. Oh hell, they're all great. And the sound was pretty darn good in the pit where we were sitting 2nd row center, so I'm a really happy girl right now. :blush Best show in ages! :rock