I can't remember the last time I was excited by the World Series. It really hasn't been good since 03. Even if you like the Red or White Sox or the Cards, there is no denying how much of a snooze fest the last three World Series have been.

I remember a lot of close games in '05. The 3rd one lasted 14 innings--which can be boring depending on how you look at it. The Astros had a runner on second and were down one run with one out in game four, IIRC. Game two had a game-winning homerun by Scott Frickin' Podsednik! Last year was pretty competitive. '04 was like this one--lots of lopsided victories.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, ESPN just reported the ARod is opting out of his contract with the Yanks.

Let's pause for a moment and imagine how good this Sox lineup would be if they signed ARod......

Best ever?

No. Arguably not better than the Yankees' the last few years.

Helluva team, helluva year.

O.k. McCarver.

OK, that makes perfect sense.

Actually looking at it, better than the Yankees of the last few years, not the best ever. Very good, yes. But if the Sox sign Arod, and I hear a Red Sox fan refer to the Yankees as the "Evil Empire" ever again, I'll lose my lunch.

Well done, Sox. Impressive

No. Arguably not better than the Yankees' the last few years.

Well, I should have included all the other components.

Sox have better starting picthing and a better bullpen. If you plug ARod in at short or 3rd (if Lowell doesn't resign), that would have to be the scariest lineup in baseball. And then you add Beckett, Dice K, maybe Schilling, Lester and the solid bullpen? This team can only go up if they signed ARod. I like ARod a lot and he took so much crap in NY. If you look at the numbers, he is on track to be one of the greatest players ever. I hope he signs with a winner.

SK102_20071029_053401.jpg

Jeez, what a beautiful, compelling, sad picture. It really tells the story.

I feel really bad for Helton, he seemed like the most passionate guy out there on that team night in and night out. One of the most enduring images of this season for me will be him jumping, superman style into his waiting teammates after hitting a walkoff.

Well, the red sox played pretty well, and had a good team--a much better team than in 2004, i think. But man, do i feel bad about the Rockies and their fans. There cannot be anything worse than having the away team win the world series on your own field. In 2004 i wondered what would happen the next year, but this year, with young pitching and young bats, I think we'll have another good year, A-rod or not.