But don't begrudge the neutral observer (who wouldn't normally have an interest in rooting for either team) their choice to root for the underdog.

Has anyone done that?

Of course money is a factor in building a team. The only thing it gives a team, really, is more options. It certainly doesn't buy championships.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockies fans: don't despair. In 1984 the Cubs won the first playoff game by 11 runs or something and then lost the series

Well, it wasn't the World Series, but point taken.

1. Has anyone done that?

2. Of course money is a factor in building a team. The only thing it gives a team, really, is more options. It certainly doesn't buy championships.

1. I'm not sure. A dude said he was rooting for the Rockies because they have a low salary and it seems like he took a lot of heat for it.

2. Um...well, championships can't be bought in the Sear's Wishbook, nor can you bid on them on ebay. However, it does play a large part.

1. I'm not sure. A dude said he was rooting for the Rockies because they have a low salary and it seems like he took a lot of heat for it.

2. Um...well, championships can't be bought in the Sear's Wishbook, nor can you bid on them on ebay. However, it does play a large part.

1. Seems to me he took more heat for his "money=wins" comment...

2. No question it plays a role. How large a role is what's in question, I guess.

I don't think anyone here said that money was everything.

I know it is not everything, but to discount it is not being honest. It is like having a Dvision 1A team in NCAA football playing a D-1 school. Sure, ND can beat Minnesota and Appilacian St. can beat Michigan, but the majority of the time the school with more money wins.

Sorry for the facts. I know you can always find exceptions, but the rule of thumb is money=wins in sports.

I bolded the important part of my statement.

I hope it snows on Saturday. That would be so cool!

The weather here the last two days has been absolutely perfect: upper 70s, no clouds, etc. It's looking to be more of the same come Saturday. Though snow for a WS game would be cool.

Just to wipe the slate clean - I love baseball and don't care all that much about salaries. I think it gives fans something to argue about and be jealous of (I wish the Twins would spend some cash and keep Hunter, Santana, and Nathan). I do want the Rockies to win, but that is mostly because I have no vested interest in either team and i love an underdog, I love their story on how they got the to series, and I love the purity of the NL (no DH to inflate offenses). I am just excited the Series is finally here (I actually prefer the old 4 division system with no wild card) which used to be over in October - not November.

Go ROCKIES :dancing

Just to wipe the slate clean - I love baseball and don't care all that much about salaries. I think it gives fans something to argue about and be jealous of (I wish the Twins would spend some cash and keep Hunter, Santana, and Nathan). I do want the Rockies to win, but that is mostly because I have no vested interest in either team and i love an underdog, I love their story on how they got the to series, and I love the purity of the NL (no DH to inflate offenses). I am just excited the Series is finally here (I actually prefer the old 4 division system with no wild card) which used to be over in October - not November.

Go ROCKIES :dancing

what, no bank statement? Coward.

Wow, did the Rockies hitters look overmatched tonight. Outside of Holliday, those guys couldn't catch up with anything.

And I am not a Sox fan at all, but they have some really terrific fans. That place is always rockin. It makes baseball so much more exciting when you have everyone cheering like they do.

1193339983_7555.jpg

Boy, somebody took their time on that job.

Was that A-Rod "clutch hitter" award given to him at the end of April?

No, it was given to him last night, I believe.

But I get what you were trying to say. I shouldn't really even reply. That meaningless home run he hit in game 4 was very unclutch. Jeter's like 15 double plays in that series were the definition of clutch.