• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, congratulations you guys. That pretty much sucked, but not as much as if we hadn't made the playoffs at all. :cheers

I'm sorry that you guys didn't get a few wins. From all accounts, Rockies fans are a class act and i'd love to come see your stadium and watch the Rockies beat the crap out of some NL team.

:cheekkiss

PS i really like the pinestriped unis from yesterday. They don't have that "we're a mid 90's expansion team" written all over them with the crazy fonts.

SK102_20071029_053401.jpg

Jeez, what a beautiful, compelling, sad picture. It really tells the story.

I feel really bad for Helton, he seemed like the most passionate guy out there on that team night in and night out. One of the most enduring images of this season for me will be him jumping, superman style into his waiting teammates after hitting a walkoff.

That really is a heartbreaking picture. Good luck to the Rockies next year - they have a lot of young talent, and I'd love to see them get another shot at the WS.

Fair enough. As a Yankee fan I can't say congratulations, but I am glad there are some happy Wilco fans I guess. Yanks will be back as soon as they shed No. 13 and start playing with more heart.

EDIT: Looks like Girardi has been offered the manager's job.

You're right, once they get rid of the best player in the game, everything will turn up roses for them. And the problem most certainly is "heart", and not pitching. It's never pitching.

You're right, once they get rid of the best player in the game, everything will turn up roses for them. And the problem most certainly is "heart", and not pitching. It's never pitching.

They have the talent to get into the playoffs every year, but Yankee teams with lesser talent won titles in the 90s because they had better chemistry.

They have the talent to get into the playoffs every year, but Yankee teams with lesser talent won titles in the 90s because they had better chemistry.

The Yankees had higher ERA+'s than this year's every year they made the world series in the late 90's, early 00's. So, yeah.