Halloween Kid Pics!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my daughter, the butterfly:

1813603075_12f8ef053f.jpg

This is me. I went as your Great-Aunt Mildred, who'd just as soon smack you with her pocketbook as look at you:

1813592985_eac8f6d397.jpg

I was feeling politically disgusted this year, which led to my suggestion to Alissa for a Halloween costume....the scariest thing I could think of (other than Dick Cheney)....a child with no healthcare insurance! :upset Below you see my poor child, who has maybe a broken leg (but we couldn't afford the x-rays) and possibly a broken arm too (again, we thought we'd better just wrap it to be on the safe side, but without x-rays, who really knows...). She fell off her bike. Acted a bit addled, too, and couldn't say who the current president was (repression?) or what month it was, so we think she might have a concussion...or worse. We wrapped her head, anyway.

See that cut on her arm? It was a pretty bad cut.....she fell into a rosebush, off a trampoline. I was really proud of her, though, when I sterilized it (rubbing alcohol) and sewed it up with kite string. She didn't scream as much as you might think. She's a brave little cookie, and my stitching isn't half bad either, huh?

Don't let the color of her face freak you out. A friend who's a nurse told us it's just a skin rash, "Frogulatus Spottium", and is very easily cured with a tiny tube of ointment that only costs about $5! Of course, that's for those with health coverage. For folks like us, it's $500.

We think she'll eventually outgrow it, without too much scarring. :thumbup Though it does seem to be spreading to her neck now.....hmmmm.

One thing we do feel good about is that she hasn't had a cold so far this year. We think the garlic necklace is helping with that. And hey, it also keeps away vampires, right? :flirt

dsc09637cp3.jpg

*The aforementioned ailments are all, thankfully, purely imaginary & constructed in our fevered brains for the purpose of her Halloween costume. Luckier still, our family has health coverage. But many families live every day of the year, not just Halloween, with the horror of not having coverage. Let your congresspeople know how scary you find this situation.

This has been a kidsmoke public service announcement. Off my soapbox, now. B)

The two year old was supposed to be a cat but (in perfect two-year-old form) utterly refused to wear it. So we punted with a dress from our dress up suitcase. Princess, indeed! Our poor Shih Tzu had to be Toto. Absolutely no dignity.

Fall07191.jpg

Fall07185.jpg

Fall07189.jpg

I'm absolutely loving these pictures, and these gorgeous children you all have! :wub

So is yours dear. :cheekkiss

Also, I think you may be completely insane. :lol

I know you mean that in a really good way. So thank you! :cheekkiss It's something I've worked at over the years.

:yes

Yes, yes I did. If my kids still did Halloween I would have totally loved doing that idea! :thumbup

Kidsmoke: your sickling child looks FANTASTIC! What a great idea.

just curious, did she get a chance to explain to many people what the costume was all about?

Yeah, and somewhat to my surprise, people mostly got it! There was rather supportive, enthusiastic response. I loved that & was reassured that people are more tuned in than it sometimes seems.

I had to laugh (and cringe) when she boldly announced to one couple handing out candy on their porch, "The garlic keeps away colds....and vampires.....and republicans!!!" :blink Yikes, I'd made that comment in front of her half in jest, never dreaming that my little darling would repeat it!!!

Luckily for me, the obviously democratic couple went off into gales of laughter, and (having already given her a treat) the wife said to her husband, "Oh, give this one MORE!" and her laughing husband put another handful into Alissa's basket!

As we walked to the next house though, we had a serious and chagrined talk about how, actually, some republicans were great people, and she probably should expect that some of the houses we were visiting contained republicans! She refrained from that line for the rest of the night :lol