Letters to Santa

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH NO! I finally saved enough money to make a Chicago trip and its right in the middle of exams :(

I would also love to join an auction group if there ends up being living room shows, if anybody's looking for extras...

A friend of mine who lives in the suburbs of Chicago and has a nice big basement would like to host a show. If there's enough people there might just be another group bidding this year. :) More money for the charity, right?

PM me if you are interested in joining a group. We'll see what materializes.

Hey people! I am the friend of Wendy's with the spacious lower level set up. We have hosted these types of house concerts before and are very comfortable with the process. If we can get enough folks together - and if Jeff would do it - I would so love to have some Wilco friends bless our home. And as far as the music goes, wow, let's just say I hope it penetrates the walls and floors and ceiling and roof and...........limitless possibilites. Wendy has kindly offered to keep track of the number of people spilling out of the first group into our potential group - and will keep me posted - Let's just say if this materializes mi casa es su casa...

THANKS WENDY

JEFF, SUE, EVERYBODY ELSE

The great cosmos for connecting us all!

... and an update from Second City:

http://www.secondcity.com/news.php?id=617

CHICAGO

The Blisters and Bitter Tears confirmed for Letters to Santa Benefit!

The Blisters and Bitter Tears have been added to the line-up of special guests performing at "The Second City That Never Sleeps: Letters to Santa Benefit" beginning at 7:00pm on Tuesday, December 4 and ending at 7:00pm on Wednesday, December 5 in The Second City e.t.c. Theatre (1608 N. Wells St, 2nd Floor of Piper's Alley).

Sally Timms & Jon Langford, Jeff Tweedy, Will Oldham (Bonnie Price Billy), Robbie Fulks, Steve Albini, and Kim and Kelley Deal have also been confirmed. Tickets are $10.00 and can be purchased at the door

OK, now I'm really excited. I have never seen The Blisters before. Bitter Tears, yes, and they're a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys!

sorry i have not yet posted about this myself. i have been involved in a trial that should completely end tomorrow. i will update everything at that time. for now, this is what i know in regards to musicians times...

8:00 sally timms & jon langford

10:30 jeff tweedy

1am steve albini & kim & kelley deal

3:30am kim & kelley deal

5am tim midgett (silkworm, bottomless pit)

7:30am the bitter tears

10am tba

12:30pm robbie fulks

3pm tba

5pm the blisters

thanks for everything as usual!

heather whinna

There's now a link to this event from WilcoWorld, but it links to an old poster with incorrect dates... and then links to a schedule of performers that is also incorrect.

:hmm

The second city site has what I'm assuming is an accurate schedule, though. I just thought I'd throw that out there because if I was going (and bidding on something really important, for example) , the different dates would freak me out a little bit. I bet WW will fix it soon.