Letters to Santa

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 of us are looking to join in a group for the private concert auction. We are in if anyone has some room!

I think pretty much the same core group of people bid and win the show every year...I never got a response last year when I was looking to "join a group", so decided to try and create my own... we'll see :dancing

At least three separate groups (three that reported back on VC) won private shows last year. So that's 90 people, many of whom had not attended a show like this previously. Yes, if you want to be in a bidding group, probably the best way to go about it is to try to form one.

Good luck to everyone at the auction tomorrow night (is it tomorrow, or tonight?). Hopefully the Tweedys will be as generous as they've been in years past, and there will be multiple winning groups.

any word on will oldman's apperance?

I see an opening at 5 a.m and one a 3 p.m.

any leads? My girlfreind has a final on wed. so were going to leave a little after 12.

If anyone know that Will Oldman will be on at 5 a.m. I think i may trek back to second city.

any word on will oldman's apperance?

I see an opening at 5 a.m and one a 3 p.m.

any leads? My girlfreind has a final on wed. so were going to leave a little after 12.

If anyone know that Will Oldman will be on at 5 a.m. I think i may trek back to second city.

Is that Gary Oldman's brother? :lol

I have no leads, but it would be kind of awesome if Will Oldham played at 5 a.m. when the crowd will be down to about seven people.

Does anyone know what the setup for parking is, I can't find any information.

I believe there is a garage near by and street parking.

BTW -- I understand that there were three winners last night @ $20,000 for each show. Big kudos to all who raised that kind of dough for a great charity :love

I'm sure there will be more news as more of the participants finish the long day today (this is a 24 hour event!) or wake up after a long, well-deserved nap :yawn

Congrats to the winners! :wub

Tremendous influx of dough to a most deserving charity that makes a significant difference (I'm paraphrasing how Jeff explained it last year) in people's lives. Awesome.

Tremendous influx of dough to a most deserving charity that makes a significant difference (I'm paraphrasing how Jeff explained it last year) in people's lives. Awesome.

There were lots of tears from Heather and several of the improv group members who have participated in this in the past when she explained what this means to people. I don't remember the exact total but I think after the auction we had raised somewhere in the $65,000-67,000 range. As was said last night, that kind of money changes lives.