a yahoo interview/story

"But he's (Jeff) also complicated and quite possibly a near-genius. If you can grasp that dichotomy, you've essentially grasped Wilco's music."

:thumbup

"But he's (Jeff) also complicated and quite possibly a near-genius. If you can grasp that dichotomy, you've essentially grasped Wilco's music."

Yeah that quote really hits it.

I want to see that cabin footage :w00t

Wow Bridget that was a great interview! Really covered a lot of bases. The "quite possibly a near-genius" line was both spot-on and amusing at the same time.

There were many things that rang a bell with me regarding organized religion, addiction, talking with the kids etc. But I'm not going to grab the quotes and put them 'out of context'. Just read the article folks!

I don't get how being complicated and being a near-genius can be described as a dichotomy.

I think the dichotomy is supposed to be between the being a complicated near-genius and being from Belleville.

the cabin session was filmed by the same crew that shot the 4 nights at the vic.

the whole thing has been put on the shelf.

this famous pic was taken during those sessions. you can really see how exhauted everyone was.

wilco_segal-bio1.jpg

Better to show off your shit mistakes with....... I heard Jeff is going green and not wiping.

"If you care about the environment, stop wiping your ass."

what they didn't mention in that article, was that Jeff was soaking his feet in tea.

A great read.

One thing -- the KT sessions at the Vic were in May '05.

And about the "wrinkled from head to toe", he must have learned to use the washing machine afterall.

Crowded anonymously between vacant storefronts, auto-repair shops and discount markets on a desolate North Side street, the nondescript white building housing Wilco's band loft belongs in one of its songs.

FAQ/Stalker material