New My Morning Jacket Album!!!

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be the "brag about seats" guy (I hate that guy), but I'm so pumped I had to share this....

4 seats for Friday, PIT row CCC

Weird thing is I got them around half hour after they went on sale -- I had already bought 4 other seats, and was just speculating for better ones. Are these as amazing as they appear to be? I've never been to the Chicago Theater. Anyone know if they are lower than the other seats (thus "pit"), or anything else about this section? Thanks in advance. My 4th MMJ show could very well be my fav.

And I love Evil Urges, though not as much as Z or It Still Moves (...yet anyway).

Oh, you lucky!!! Those are some great seats! Congratulations! I don't believe the pit tickets are any lower than the main floor, just a helluva lot closer. I'm going to the Chicago Theater tonight for Eddie Izzard, so I'll scope it out and report back if you like.

We're on the right side in row MM for Thursday. [masking serious ticket envy] I'm content just to be in the building [/masking serious ticket envy]

I was at that Ryan Adams show last fall, but on the floor. I'm not sure I've ever sat in the balcony there. I can tell you that it's an absolutely beautiful venue and the acoustics are great - it's one of my favorite places to see a show here. You'll have a great time no matter where you're sitting!

Oh, you lucky!!! Those are some great seats! Congratulations! I don't believe the pit tickets are any lower than the main floor, just a helluva lot closer. I'm going to the Chicago Theater tonight for Eddie Izzard, so I'll scope it out and report back if you like.

We're on the right side in row MM for Thursday. [masking serious ticket envy] I'm content just to be in the building [/masking serious ticket envy]

I was at that Ryan Adams show last fall, but on the floor. I'm not sure I've ever sat in the balcony there. I can tell you that it's an absolutely beautiful venue and the acoustics are great - it's one of my favorite places to see a show here. You'll have a great time no matter where you're sitting!

haha, nice to see you over here too Choo Choo Charlie (and you got pit row CCC??? creepy :lol)

Tang -- thanks a lot for that offer, I would really appreciate a report. For me, maybe 1/3 of the fun of going to shows is looking forward to that show. If it makes your ticket envy feel any better, your Thursday seats are better than mine :cheers

Solace -- the CCC thing hadn't occurred to me. Maybe its concert karma (I was going to make a lame cc email joke here, but realized my MMJ euphoria was blurring my comedic judgment).

pit ticket for the los angeles greek!!! :dancing :dancing

EVIL URGES LISTENING PARTY IN LOS ANGELES

anyone in the los angeles area: there will be an album preview party NEXT sunday, May 25th @6pm to 8pm at:

The Shortstop Bar

1455 Sunset Blvd.

Echo Park, CA 90026

213-482-494

i'm not hosting it, just putting the word out there.

also if you come you may see me throwing down some moves with my oversized novelty foam flying-v. :guitar

Tang -- thanks a lot for that offer, I would really appreciate a report. For me, maybe 1/3 of the fun of going to shows is looking forward to that show. If it makes your ticket envy feel any better, your Thursday seats are better than mine :cheers

CCC, the pit seats are indeed right up in front and maybe even slightly higher than the rows behind them. They're fantastic seats. Congrats! :)

^^^^Wooohooo. I'm in Hollywood, so there's a good chance I might show up.

terrific!

i was at the greek theatre buying tix on saturday morning. told everyone in line about the party!

terrific!

i was at the greek theatre buying tix on saturday morning. told everyone in line about the party!

Rock on!! I can't believe tickets are available already. I just moved here, so my credit card billing address is still out of state. I'll visit the box office instead of ol' ticketmaster.com.

that's the only one who's host is posting on the mmj forum. there might be someone hosting a private party. alas.

maybe you can carpool with someone.

I now have MMJ tix for two upcoming shows: Louisville and Charlottesville, VA! More to follow contingent upon my budget expanding.

pit ticket for the los angeles greek!!! :dancing :dancing

EVIL URGES LISTENING PARTY IN LOS ANGELES

anyone in the los angeles area: there will be an album preview party NEXT sunday, May 25th @6pm to 8pm at:

The Shortstop Bar

1455 Sunset Blvd.

Echo Park, CA 90026

213-482-494

i'm not hosting it, just putting the word out there.

also if you come you may see me throwing down some moves with my oversized novelty foam flying-v. :guitar

just a reminder! party is TOMORROW. woo! :party

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the album and just finished listening to it for the first time.

It will not disappoint -- just an awesome record. There are a few tunes that are quite different from what they have done prior to this album.

I hope Amazon.com has their shit together and I don't have to wait too long after June 10 to get this. I was hoping the whole point of "pre-order" would be to make sure I got it the day of release. But, whatever. It sucks not having a decent record store in this town.

I hope Amazon.com has their shit together and I don't have to wait too long after June 10 to get this. I was hoping the whole point of "pre-order" would be to make sure I got it the day of release. But, whatever. It sucks not having a decent record store in this town.

Yeah -- that sucks. Whenever I have a release I am highly anticipating I run down to an indie store here a few days early and they almost always have it on the shelves before the release date -- in a big city the stores don't have a lot of room to hold records until they are officially released, so they tend to put the stuff out there as soon as they get it. :thumbup