New My Morning Jacket Album!!!

I'll see if I can get a break from school, I doubt it ;) if I can make it work, I'm crashing in your basement.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As if the new album on June 10 isn't enough they are re-releasing ALL the full length studio albums (AND Acoustic Citsuoca) on vinyl!! I'm so glad I never payed eBay prices for At Dawn!

I saw this somewhere the other day and bugged the dude immediately I order from to "add them to the list".

:lol

:cheers

It's a big deal for me. It's practically in my back yard and I haven't seen them since before I.S.M. broke.

That's still gotta be one of the best shows I've ever witnessed.

Any predictions on songs? Please say they don't play "Highly Suspicious"

Even though I've only heard the songs from the SXSW broadcast, I would bet on "I'm Amazed" first, since it's the single on Itunes. After that, I'm also hoping for no "peanut butter pudding surprise". If they want to show that "new" side of themselves, I think "Evil Urges" would be a much better way to go and would have less of a risk of driving off potential new fans.

For SNL, I think I'm Amazed is a given. As for the other track, I'd say it's between Evil Urges, Thank You Too, and Aluminum Park, all of which would be great.

I also want to say just how much this new album as really grown on me. Some tracks I didn't like initially (Touch Me pt 1, Librarian, Two Halves), are now great songs for me, and my initial favorites (Aluminum Park, Look at You, Smokin', I'm Amazed) have yet to get any duller for me. In fact, this album is better on every listen, and I've listened to it 15-20 times. I've even come to terms with Highly Suspicious, and can listen to it as a short goofy song with some great riffs.

It's right near the top for my favorite albums of the year

solace, i think all the new traffic on the mmj board has overloaded it.

it's kind of killing me right now. looking for sale dates for the new shows. GIRL'S GOTTA PLAN!

*note to self: find a television to watch the boys on snl.

Where would be the best place to pre-order the album from (best as in getting it on time!).

The "evil urges" I have right now to look for the leak are overwhelming.

Gotta be strong..............only one more month.

Where would be the best place to pre-order the album from (best as in getting it on time!).

The "evil urges" I have right now to look for the leak are overwhelming.

Gotta be strong..............only one more month.

lynch, listen to that npr austin show. that will buy you some time!

also: they are on snl tonight! :dancing

i don't know about the pre-order. so far, i've only seen the i-tunes offer. this just in: looks like amazon is offering a sale price on pre-order but no cool bonuses.

Guest Muncle Douchey

i've never really given these guys the time of day but i caught i'm amazed tonight and will be listening further. pretty bad ass.

One of the better SNL performances I have seen in a long time, the only time I laughed was during the news and there was the joke about Israel. It's just so bad now!

Guest Muncle Douchey
One of the better SNL performances I have seen in a long time, the only time I laughed was during the news and there was the joke about Israel. It's just so bad now!

yeah, SNL is just plain terrible. dreadfully unfunny.

I only got a chance to watch from Weekend Update on but I thought there were some funny bits. It seemed to be a much funnier episode than when Wilco played. Also, Bill Hader is hilarious

Just watched most of the SNL episode now. MMJ definitely kicked ass. Hard to pull that off in that setting but they more than did.

As far as the episode went, I thought there was definitely some very funny moments. The Hillary opening skit was good. The "scared straight" skit had some moments as well. Like most SNL skits, they take a funny idea and drive it into the ground. The news is always pretty good.