New My Morning Jacket Album!!!

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's weird is that, while I adore both of them and count them among their generation's finest singer-songwriters, I think it's pretty fucking obvious that Jim has a much, much better voice than Matt. (Penance and apology: Matt is the better guitar player.)

while Jim has a 'better' voice, i prefer Matt's more timeless voice over Jim's power :)

Guest Jules
So my friends and I are pretty set on doing a road trip to NYC after Christmas for New Years, so I'm pretty dead set on seeing the New Year's Eve show in MSG. Hope I can.

I have 2 tickets and might not go, btw.

Smokin' From Shootin' might've cracked my Top 5 MMJ songs. I need to see it live first to confirm this. Louisville soon enough. Hey Evonne any word on that NYE ticket? See you very soon, Greg

Guest Jules
You should go.

But if not, I might be willing to take them off you.

I really should. You're right.

I'll keep you informed, as I'll have to make a decision relatively soon.

Smokin' From Shootin' might've cracked my Top 5 MMJ songs. I need to see it live first to confirm this. Louisville soon enough. Hey Evonne any word on that NYE ticket? See you very soon, Greg

dude, it is yours! pm on the way! (sorry, thought i got back to you already. :blush )

I gave it another try recently. I've been a pretty decent fan, but I struggled wtih this one from the start. First the album cover and album title (I know this shouldn't matter) but this is awful. It looks like a bad metal album. Then I started paying attention to Jim James lyrics, which is a mistake. However, I put it in the other day and told myself, just listen and you know that guitar jam on evil urges hooked me in, Highly Suspicious made me smile and I'm Amazed sound like home. It is growing, my god it is growing! All that said, easily their worst.

WOOO!! :banana

just like bonnaroo, but without all the dust and vegan chinese food!

I'm quite excited for this show. I think only one of my friends is going to be with me at the show, so I'd be down for meeting up with some of you VC-types before hand.

I just got into Louisville today. I'm gonna go down and stake my place in line out tomorrow. But if any of you VCers who are gonna be there wanna make plans for meeting up early in the day on Saturday drop me a pm. I'm planning on showing some MMJ fans how we Wilcoholics do a GA line. They won't know what hit 'em.

I'm quite excited for this show. I think only one of my friends is going to be with me at the show, so I'd be down for meeting up with some of you VC-types before hand.

Luckily you have plenty of time before the NYE show to come up with some sort of "ms yvon wild flipping ponytail action protective headgear."

I just got into Louisville today. I'm gonna go down and stake my place in line out tomorrow. But if any of you VCers who are gonna be there wanna make plans for meeting up early in the day on Saturday drop me a pm. I'm planning on showing some MMJ fans how we Wilcoholics do a GA line. They won't know what hit 'em.

So Greg, when are you heading to Chicago to start waiting in line for Wilco's 2009 residency shows?

So Greg, when are you heading to Chicago to start waiting in line for Wilco's 2009 residency shows?

I guess the day after I wait in line for the New Year's MMJ, so thatwould be 1/1/09. Louisville weather is callingfor scattered thunderstorms on Saturday. That might cut back quite a bit on any line insanity.