New My Morning Jacket Album!!!

In about 10 minutes I will be listening to 8 new My Morning Jacket songs!!!!!!!

I spent way too much time on this board today, when I should have been working.

Or, maybe I spent too much time working............

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SXSW - My Morning Jacket - NPR webcast

Late Thursday night (midnight Eastern time, 11 pm Central)

:music

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=19090565

These new songs are great! I can't wait to read Ms Yvon's review from last night!!! :dance

For those of us that have DirecTV, channel 101 is broadcasting live from SXSW Thursday starting at 4PM CDT, and lasting until midnight. Just sayin.

first off, ms. yvon is my new hero.

the new songs are amazing.... jim's voice gets a work out.

can't not even believe that houston did not turn out to see the show. the place (the same as the one wilco packed on friday) was barely over half-full.

here's some of my pics from last night:

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_6004.jpg

i LOVE these new songs! solace, the guitar exchanges in i'm amazed are crazy catchy! and bo, carl AND jim sing the chorus together. touch me pt 2 is terrific!! i couldn't stop dancing! :dancing

mark, it's gracious of you to say i'm your hero even tho i stood you up monday night! atticus, bbop and i finally made it to onion creek in time for one bottle o'beer. :cheers

wendy, i still haven't written a review for houston. i was cooked when i got in monday night, then had to hit the road. :lol for new tunes, night 2, check out the show review for march 11, austin!

For those of us that have DirecTV, channel 101 is broadcasting live from SXSW Thursday starting at 4PM CDT, and lasting until midnight. Just sayin.

The schedule is up on DirecTV's guide. No MMJ. Bummer.

on the ateaseweb message board, someone said that the folks over at the mmj forum are gonna try and record the set. i have no knowledge about that sort of stuff so i can't give you any pointers, but at least someone will (hopefully) record it.

I'm definitely staying in and up to catch this stream (thanks to whoever first brought it to the thread's attention). I'll try to record it, but I always seem have bad luck with this type of thing.

Definitely hoping for Evil Urges as set opener. I swear, that's their new best song. It's like a rock and roll bullet to the back of the head. I like Sec Walkin' too, although it reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki3yIKn9lf0

:D

I found a program called Replay Magic and its working, so I will record it (fingers crossed).

If all goes well I will make a torrent of it and post it in here, if someone else doesn't get to it first.

I am recording the show, but it will be as one HUGE .wav file it will probably take me a few days to get it all sorted out, unless my wife lets me have alot of computer time in the next couple of days............ :)

Due to the fact that I couldn't connect for the first song and a half, and a later brain-cramp that I had, I am not recording the show. I hope someone records and torrents the FM feed. I tried, and have learned for next time.