New My Morning Jacket Album!!!

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An evening with in Louisville at waterfront Park on August 16th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are details, along with some Canadian and European dates.

The Great Lawn at Louisville Waterfront Park

Saturday, August 16 @ 8pm (Gates at 6:30pm)

Tickets go on sale Friday, April 18 @ 10am at:

all TicketMaster outlets,

charge by phone at (502) 361-3100,

the Slugger Field Box Office (M-F, 10am-5pm)

All Ages

More info available at www.productionsimple.com

JUNE

16 Mon Toronto, Ont Kool Haus

17 Tue Montreal, QC Le National

JUNE

25 Wed Sheffield, UK Leadmill

26 Thu Bristol, UK Academy

27 Fri Manchester, UK Academy

29 Sun Glastonbury, UK Glastonbury Festival

JULY

01 Tue Hamburg, Germany Gruenspan

02 Wed Koln, Germany Gebaude

04 Fri Werchter, Belgium Werchter Festival

06 Sun Kent, UK The Hop Farm

08 Tue Amsterdam, The Netherlands Melkweg

09 Wed Paris, France Le Trabendo

11 Fri Nottingham, UK Rescue Rooms

13 Sun Glasgow, Scotland T In The Park Festival

15 Tue London, UK The Forum

19 Sat Benicassim, Spain Benicassim Festival

Calling Ms. Yvon! That's a Saturday night!!! :dancing

I think I'm in on this one as well. I can give an exhaustive tour of the city. Can't Wait, Greg

Just in case anyone is worried about size and numbers they'll let in, the great lawn is a pretty enormous area. I'm sure it's gotta be in the thousands many times over. I don't see it selling out quickly at all.

Those of you who have been to Waterfront Park before - what's it like? I'm trying to get an idea from the pictures on the site, but first person accounts are always better.

I'll definitely be there. I love Louisville, and I LOVE the Jacket!

Expect a three hour show according to the Louisville daily from earlier this week:

My Morning Jacket, Louisville's most internationally adored band in recent memory, will today announce its first local performance in nearly two years.

"An Evening With My Morning Jacket," a co-production of Production Simple and the Louisville Bats, will be Aug. 16 on the Great Lawn at Waterfront Park.

Tickets go on sale 10 a.m. Friday at the Louisville Slugger Field box office, TicketMaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com and by phone, (502) 361-3100. They'll be $33.50, which includes a $1 donation to a charity to be determined.

MMJ singer Jim James said that the band wants to do something special. Its last show, on Thanksgiving Eve 2006, featured a brigade of 21 Santa Clauses and the Squallis Puppeteers.

"I want to do something with the Belle of Louisville," James said from New York City, where he's living part-time. "I'm trying to figure out some grandiose stunt where we roll up on the Belle.

"It's kind of weird to say anything, though, because it's too soon. I don't want to promise the Belle of Louisville and only deliver the Star of Louisville."

"We all know that whatever Jim dreams up, Jim can make happen," said Production Simple's Billy Hardison. "We probably won't know for sure until a week before the show."

The concert will be a three-hour romp through the band's entire catalog, with special attention paid to its upcoming album, "Evil Urges." The record, one of the band's finest, comes out June 10, and the "Evil Urges Tour" will stop at all of the major summer festivals, including Bonnaroo in Manchester, Tenn., and Coachella in Indio, Calif.

"We haven't played Louisville in so long that we wanted to do a long show, really give people a lot of bang for their bucks," James said.

The all-ages show will be presented by WFPK (91.9-FM).

You get it early if you subscribe. Which I never did, it was a gift, but it keeps coming. :shifty

If I had a scanner, I'd scan it for ya. Good article though.

Things I learned:

1. I did not know Jim James' real name is Jim Olliges.

2. I did not know Beck's dad, David Campbell, arranged the strings for the new album.

3. Cool story about a 14-year-old Jim James and his mom watching Neil Young on SNL, and he asked his mom to buy him "Harvest Moon." But she bought "Harvest" by accident ... and :music :guitar :omg :wub

So there's a little bit for ya. Somebody will probably post it online soon enough.

Calling Ms. Yvon! That's a Saturday night!!! :dancing

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! and mere DAYS after my birthday. wendy, will you come??!!! :w00t

GREG, I WILL SEE YOU IN LOUISVILLE!! :dancing :dancing :dancing

thanks for the good word re: selling out. i was already in a ticket-purchase panic. :lol

in the words of the lady of eating & beating: OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

also: mmj featured in the LA Weekly that came out today. GREAT read!

Morning in America!

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! and mere DAYS after my birthday. wendy, will you come??!!! :w00t

GREG, I WILL SEE YOU IN LOUISVILLE!! :dancing :dancing :dancing

thanks for the good word re: selling out. i was already in a ticket-purchase panic. :lol

in the words of the lady of eating & beating: OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

also: mmj featured in the LA Weekly that came out today. GREAT read!

Morning in America!

That's right it'll be a late birthday present for two of us. I just got four, for myself and three very lucky people to be determined. Now if I can only find out where I left that damn time machine.

hello all you fine and wonderful people out there that are interested in what we do. we now live in the 90's - the era of the interweb and instant gratification. these are confusing times for all humankind, but especially for those of us in the music world as you well know... a week or so ago we played some of our new songs for the first time at a show in houston tx! about an hour later all of those songs were available on the interweb- talk about speed!!! since those and other non-album audiovisual recordings are available to people on the interweb, we wanted to make at least one "real" song version available (if one was interested in what the "real actual studio album" might sound like) to those of you who have supported us most and have seemed most excited about what we are doing over the years.

so here is the song "evil urges". we sure hope you are to enjoy it! we would put the whole thing out there on the interweb, but gosh darn-it, we're still a little old fashioned in that way of wanting the listener to be able to get the actual music when it is supposed to be released, when we say it is finished- not when someone else puts it on the interweb.... but it is the 90's now, we understand that. its a new decade and we want to be part of this decade, but whilst still maintaining a link to the past - where one can't necessarily get everything they want immediately when they want it, but rather when they are told they can have it - by their real life keeper or their digital daddy! we will play both roles here. we all personally relish waiting to unwrap that shrink wrap and smelling that fresh vinyl or compact disc plastic, mmm...that fresh cardboard and paper. or if we buy it off the interweb we all love holding our computers up to our noses and smelling those brand new digital downloads...mmm...fresh! gall durn it- we're just old fashioned that way. sometimes... gentle reader, in this age of instant gratification, waiting can be so rewarding, it can teach us a valuable lesson about the triumph of the human spirit... but sometimes, like our old friend tom petty said- waiting is the hardest part. thank you all for being so supportive of us, and unending in your love... from the bottom of our cold dead hearts!

Why do people write that way now? I have noticed this quite a bit lately.