New My Morning Jacket Album!!!

liking this quite a bit so far... not quite loving it though. doesn't really flow very well and seems kinda like a rollercoaster.

was hoping to be blown away by it, but ah well. Z took a while to really sink in for me too, just hoping i like it more than that record in the end.

some really amazing tracks that's for sure

don't think i'll ever be a very big fan of Highly Suspicious... fun song but shoulda been a b-side or hidden track

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the beef of the record is definitely I'm Amazed->Thank You Too->Sec Walkin' for me at this point

i'm not a huge fan of all of the string treatments on the record though, i think they give it this cheesy 70's lite FM vibe and aren't really necessary

Yeah, besides "Highly Suspicious" I think this album is pretty solid. Not sure what they were going for there.

Tracks 4 through 12 are terrific, and the title track is growing on me.

I'm going to hold off until June 10th. After listening to the NPR show, I can't say I'm a big fan of "Highly Suspicious" either, especially the vocals/giggling. That being said, the guitar toward the end alone makes it a better song for me than "Into The Woods", an automatic skip if there ever was one.

Hey Ms Y, whats your plans for the Kentucky show. I might be able to work this if I plan it now. PM me and lets chat!

Edit: I'm going...........now where the hell am I staying?

On my first listen of this now.

I think the title track is a bit week, hard to tell whether the vocals are meant to sound so rough or if it's just the rip. Also, Highly Suspicious is a bit too Prince for my liking and the intentions / lyrics of Librarian are a bit heavy handed.

Other than that, I like it so far...

Hey Ms Y, whats your plans for the Kentucky show. I might be able to work this if I plan it now. PM me and lets chat!

Edit: I'm going...........now where the hell am I staying?

:w00t glad you can make it!!

my plans for the kentucky show: :dancing :banana :guitar

! i'll send you a pm. wendy is also making the trip!