and, does "overdose on sleeping pills" just mean suicide? i've always wondered this...

Probably. It would be pretty hard to accidentally overdose on Ambien, unless he was also drinking.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toxicology reports usually take a few weeks. That would show what caused an overdose. The autopsy just rules out obvious physical causes of death, like stroke, heart attack, blood clots, etc.

I read something last night that the pills found were both prescription and non-prescription sleeping pills, and that combining the two can cause an accidental overdose fairly easily.

Fox played a snippet of him on the I'm Not There junket saying something along the lines of "I'm okay with dying now that I know I have a daughter who I will live on through." Man.

I saw that, too, and it pissed me off. What a selfish thing to think! That should have been a huge flashing red light. I became less okay with dying after I had a kid, because being there for her is much more important than the "immortality" that comes with reproducing, and I doubt if I'm in the minority on that front.

Granted, I don't know the context in which he made those comments. It would be interesting to know what question was asked that led him to make those comments.

I saw that, too, and it pissed me off. What a selfish thing to think! That should have been a huge flashing red light. I became less okay with dying after I had a kid, because being there for her is much more important than the "immortality" that comes with reproducing, and I doubt if I'm in the minority on that front.

Granted, I don't know the context in which he made those comments. It would be interesting to know what question was asked that led him to make those comments.

I think, and this is only my opinion, but I think he was just stating he was ok with the concept of death, and not that he was necessarily embracing or endorsing or looking forward to it.

I think he was simply stating that if he was to die, for whatever reason, he would be ok with it, as he would live on through his daughter.

i don't know why, but hearing this news last night has really shaken me. it's not like he was my fav. actor, but i did have a huge crush on him when i was younger, and i was really looking forward to seeing him as the Joker. i guess it's just cause he's so young and it doesn't seem right to leave a little girl behind with no father. :(

i don't know why, but hearing this news last night has really shaken me. it's not like he was my fav. actor, but i did have a huge crush on him when i was younger, and i was really looking forward to seeing him as the Joker. i guess it's just cause he's so young and it doesn't seem right to leave a little girl behind with no father. :(

Yeah, it

I think it's safe to remove the question marks from this thread title.

I'd give it a full three days, some people pretty much considered him the second coming, so, yeah....

Plus, there's a chance, slim as it may be, but a chance that the zombie apocalypse will occur within the next few days or so, so yeah, there's that too....

Yeah, the Brokeback connection. This religious group (I'm assuming it's the one I'm thinking of) also pickets the funerals of soldiers returning from Iraq (regardless of their sexual preference) to let us all know that because we as a nation allow homosexuality, we are being punished by God and that these soldiers dying is part of that. I remember seeing some TV interview where they were saying that they were 'glad' that soldiers were dying because it proves that they are right.

:dontgetit

Uuuuuh... yeeeaah. Right.

Also, on a CNN slideshow:

"One of Ledger's breakthrough roles was Sir William Thatcher in 'A Knight's Tale.'"

The next slide says:

"Ledger played a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain..."

Whatever, CNN. He wasn't a gay cowboy, he was a bi shepherd. :rolleyes

Yeah, the Brokeback connection. This religious group (I'm assuming it's the one I'm thinking of) also pickets the funerals of soldiers returning from Iraq (regardless of their sexual preference) to let us all know that because we as a nation allow homosexuality, we are being punished by God and that these soldiers dying is part of that. I remember seeing some TV interview where they were saying that they were 'glad' that soldiers were dying because it proves that they are right.

:dontgetit

Uuuuuh... yeeeaah. Right.

Yeah, they're a special group of people, all right.

This is sad. He was amazing in Brokeback Mountain. And of course, it's especially sad for his daughter.