Do you have trouble maintaining an election?

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Political observation.

With Romney out of the race on the GOP side, McCain is going to have 6 months of attacking Obama and Clinton and shoring up the conservative base.

The Democrats are going to undergo a bloodletting here as Obama and Clinton will go at each other tooth and nail until the convention.

Is it possible that McCain can win now? I think there are divisions showing up in the Democratic base that should be troubling to any political observer (i.e. the race question...specifically the hispanic vs. black dynamic).

What looked like a cake walk now looks interesting.

I concur heartily Crow. And thanks for bringing things back around to the topic at hand. :thumbup

I didn't think a McCain nom would ever be a cake walk for the dems.

I agree, but it hinges on the economy, which is not McCain's strong suit.

So terrorism that isn't by Al Queada isn't as bad, according to some people here.

now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said anything like that...nice try, I never even said anything regarding terrorism being bad or good, I was talking about how it fits into a certain context. and instead of trying to take a passive aggressive stab at me, instead just use my name since everyone knows who you're referring to anyway.

Do you not agree that there's a fundamental difference between our actions and those of Islamic fundamentalist terrorists? Civilians may be killed as an unfortunate side effect to some of our military actions, but for them, civilian deaths are the goal.

Well, more precisely, civilian deaths are the means to which they hope to attain their goals. Whereas for the American Military, civilian deaths are an unintended and unfortunate reality of the situation. They certainly aren't the intention.

I agree, but it hinges on the economy, which is not McCain's strong suit.

Hilary and Obama aren't economic scholars either. I don't think it's fair to say one way or the other that any of them are worse on economics.

I would interpret that as a commentary on moral hypocrisy. If we are morally superior, we are not supposed to revel in killing our enemies.

There is no difference between Osama Bin Laden planning the murder of some 3,000 civilians and a company cashing in on people's idiocy by making paper cutouts of Bin Laden for said idiots to shoot at. Anybody who believes there is a difference is a moral hypocrit.

No, I'll take your word for it.

I watched replays of the CPAC get together tonight. I saw Cheney speak, and McCain and Romney. I saw Ron Paul speak. I've never watched him speak for more than 5 minutes at a time. He did a half-hour tonight. Really intereseting. That guy is truly a maverick candidate if ever I've seen one. He had the folks in the room almost recoiling in horror at some of the things he said.

Of course I didn't agree with most of what he had to say but it was still wild to see the reactions of the reactionaries.

Communists. All of you.

Eliot Spitzer once took a long look at my Che Guevara poster I have at my desk at work.

Albany ain't for pussies. New York state government is power politics taken to just short of fascism.

Albany ain't for pussies. New York state government is power politics taken to just short of fascism.

wow, and you're from Albany. a real, actual New Yorker, not like those city hipsters.

but yeah, if the guy can do it in Albany, the White House should be no problem.

edit: but yeah, a few little problems and people are willing to give the boot to somone actually promising in a split second. it's a shame.

despite the troubles he's had in office, I hope that man runs for president one day.

I hate to break it to you, but Che's dead.

One could argue that the Twin Towers and the Pentagon were both viable military targets, the towers for economic reasons, and the Pentagon, military. And, using the US
I hate to break it to you, but I think he was talking about the guy who's, in fact, not dead.

I hate to break it to you, but I knew that and was merely being a smartass.