Do you have trouble maintaining an election?

It's true, this time around. Did you see the percentage of McCain's voters on Super Tuesday who identified themselves as being against the war, but then chose McCain as the best candidate to represent their views? It's clear that there's a lot of misinformation out there.

I think people would rather have a War on Terror than a Crusade against all non-American peoples, which is the only other view for Republicans...

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, noone is actually listening to what he says, nor considering the details or realistic possibilities of his plans

This might be the most ill-informed statement I've ever seen on here. It's just ludicrous to think that Obama supporters are stupid enough to toss the guy the keys to city without knowing what he'll do with them. It's not like he's the Pied Piper and we're all plague-ridden rats. I'm not saying there isn't anybody swept away by his rhetoric, but for every one of those there almost has to be an equal number (I'd bet more) of Clinton supporters who back her based on her last name alone.

I can see the level of discourse from the viral video crowd.

Sad

I thought this was interesting.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...obama-wept.html

And Obama Wept

February 07, 2008 9:43 AM

Inspiration is nice. But some folks seem to be getting out of hand.

It's as if Tom Daschle descended from on high saying, "Be not afraid; for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all the people: for there is born to you this day in the city of Chicago a Savior, who is Barack the Democrat."

Obama supporter Kathleen Geier writes that she's "getting increasingly weirded out by some of Obama's supporters. On listservs I'm on, some people who should know better

"The issues" is not Obama's path to the nomination. His campaign is mostly about feelings, which overpower issues much more often than not.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...obama-wept.html

"We are the ones we've been waiting for," Obama said. "This time can be different because this campaign for the presidency of the United States of America is different. It's different not because of me. It's different because of you."

It's funny because this was the part of his speech that moved me. I interpreted it as a "power to the people" message, and perhaps a subtle rebuke to people who are waiting for a leader to rescue them.

It's funny because this was the part of his speech that moved me. I interpreted it as a "power to the people" message, and perhaps a subtle rebuke to people who are waiting for a leader to rescue them.

If that is the case, I like it even more. Telling people they can't take care of themselves or, at least, play a major part in being taken care of...doesn't do a damn thing to help anybody. Along w/ strong policy, we need a leader that makes people feel empowered again...to get people excited about being an American again.

If that is the case, I like it even more. Telling people they can't take care of themselves or, at least, play a major part in being taken care of...doesn't do a damn thing to help anybody. Along w/ strong policy, we need a leader that makes people feel empowered again...to get people excited about being an American again.

In a weird way one of the things I like about him is that he's semi-Reganesque in that sense... without the whole ketchup-is-a-school-lunch-vegetable thing and such. He's for making healthcare affordable so that if you want it, you can get it and not have it be a mandate. Tax breaks for the middle class. Job creation incentives to keep manufacturing here in America. All these things and more are right up any conservative's alley, plus he's got a gift for speaking that's part Kennedy, MLK, and Reagan. What's not to like?*

*You can't hold some of his annoying supporters against him. It really is getting creepy at times.

After learning his economic advisors were Chicago school people, I've definitely cooled off on Obama. I still like him because he seems the most electable over McCain and a tad more liberal than Hillary. I just don't think people should really expect Obama's presidency to be radically different from Clinton's - neither would know a new idea if it walked up and hit them in the head.

Then again, I might be totally wrong. Obama is a human Rorschach Test. :lol