Total Lunar Eclipse TONITE!

If you're into this sort of thing, a total lunar eclipse will be visible for much of the Northern Hemisphere tonight. Starts at about 8:50 eastern time, totality lasts from about 10pm 'til 11pm, and then the earth's shadow moves away. Of course, whether one is able to view it depends upon the weather in their area.

The average person has the opportunity of witness only about 40 of these in their lifetime, so take advantage if skies are clear! Maybe Jeff & co. will stop the show and bring everyone out onto N. Racine for an impromptu science class with Professor Nels.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080220/ap_on_sc/lunar_eclipse_3

Yeah, we're expecting snow showers later today into the night. Bummer. :hmm Thanks for the head's up though.

Yeah, we're expecting snow showers later today into the night. Bummer. :hmm Thanks for the head's up though.

we are too. :( bummer. even more nerve wracking...snow and ice predicted for friday/saturday...NO must be able to get to Philly!

edit: phew, accuweather says it's snow wed night, thursday night, ice friday morning and then rain starting friday afternoon. much better!

I took some pretty bad pictures of the eclipse.

I just went outside to see it...beautiful. I'm in northern Alberta right now working, very close to the border to the Northwest Territories. Can't wait to see the aurora borealis soon!

Mar05SuperAurora.JPG

Wow. That picture is positively Floydian.

I took some pretty bad pictures of the eclipse.

P2200018.jpg