The Riviera Theater, Chicago, IL 02/20/08

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone curious about what they will end with? I don't recommend it, but I could see them driving the crowd out after the last song by playing Less Than You Think.....pushing a few minutes of distortion until people just can't take it anymore :stunned

What Light hasnt been played yet?

(was hoping to miss this one)

Not for the Season

Pieholden

and lets not forget: Acuff Rose, Gun, New Madrid?

How about I wanna be your dog for old times sake?

I just hope since there have to be a large number of repeats, can we please get another Poor Places > Reservations

thanks

What Light hasnt been played yet?

(was hoping to miss this one)

Not for the Season

Pieholden

and lets not forget: Acuff Rose, Gun, New Madrid?

How about I wanna be your dog for old times sake?

I just hope since there have to be a large number of repeats, can we please get another Poor Places > Reservations

thanks

I don't recall him saying they were going to do UT songs, and if they were, I wish they dude would bust out Fatal Wound.

why is nobody couting the mermaid ave. songs i dont think One By One, Another Man's done gone, secret of the sea, someday some morning sometime are all that unrealistic.

ETA: esp. when you consider they've done at least 12 new ones each night. I won't be surprised if we get these and Lets Not Get Carried Away, The Good Part, Promising, or Family Gardener. And if not oh well; I can't wait to sit down and really listen to all of these.

*first post*

While I only attended the Saturday show, I'm considering going down to the Riv tonight and trying to find a scalped ticket.

I am very curious to see if this last night will be b-side/out take heavy and of course I'm dying to hear how they wind it all up.

why is nobody couting the mermaid ave. songs i dont think One By One, Another Man's done gone, secret of the sea, someday some morning sometime are all that unrealistic.

ETA: esp. when you consider they've done at least 12 new ones each night. I won't be surprised if we get these and Lets Not Get Carried Away, The Good Part, Promising, or Family Gardener. And if not oh well; I can't wait to sit down and really listen to all of these.

we're counting them. it's just that they'll play Wilco songs first and foremost. he mentioned mermaid ave as secondary. but here's the list:

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?s=&...t&p=1064365

Not For the Season is the one i'm hoping to hear that i think has any chance out of the outtakes.

February 18, 2008

Guy in the crowd: "We love Loose Fur!"

Jeff Tweedy: "Well, Loose Fur ain't here."

I'd still be interested to see if they play any Loose Fur.

from another board i read:

I feel like we'll definitely get those five, and the usual ten repeats, but after that the rest of the night is a wildcard.

It'll either be more repeats, or something way out there. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but they've met every other hope I have on this run, so why not?

so true. very exciting.

Here's my wishlist for tonight in no order...

A Magazine Called Sunset

I Thought I Held You

That's Not the Issue

It's Just That Simple

Should've Been in Love

Too Far Apart

Misunderstood

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Forget the Flowers

Red-Eyed and Blue

I Got You (At the End of the Century)

Say You Miss Me

Sunken Treasure

Outta Mind (Outta Sight)

The Lonely 1

She's a Jar

We're Just Friends

How to Fight Loneliness

Via Chicago

Shot in the Arm

Radio Cure

Jesus, Etc

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Pot Kettle Black

Poor Places

Reservations

At Least That's What You Said

Hell Is Chrome

Muzzle of Bees

Hummingbird

Wishful Thinking

Company in My Back

I'm a Wheel

Theologians

The Late Greats

Either Way

You Are My Face

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

Side with the Seeds

Shake It Off

Walken

Airline to Heaven

Hesitating Beauty

Remember the Mountain Bed

Is that too much to ask? :mellow

All four shows so far have been top notch! THANKS ONCE AGAIN WILCO & CO.!

Laminated Cat is Loose Fur. Not For the Season is Wilco. they were playing it in 2003 and it's on the YHF demos. :)

Sure, but I've always considered the same song. It's like them playing the Kamera on the demos over the YHF version.

I'll still love to hear it.

Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen anyone mention "Comment (If All Men Are Truly Brothers)" as a contender for tonight. It was a staple during the Vic shows in 05. I'm crossing my fingers it makes an appearance tonight. It would be a great way to end a wonderful string of nights.

we're counting them. it's just that they'll play Wilco songs first and foremost. he mentioned mermaid ave as secondary. but here's the list:

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?s=&...t&p=1064365

I think jeff more meant the mermaid ave. songs he sings rather then picking and choosing. I won't be suprised if we get them all tonight minus Blood of the lamb and joe dimaggio

I think jeff more meant the mermaid ave. songs he sings rather then picking and choosing. I won't be suprised if we get them all tonight minus Blood of the lamb and joe dimaggio

I love Blood of the Lamb. :ohwell