Charleston Rescheduled???: The Merged Superthread!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be the second time they've canceled/rescheduled a show I had tickets to (the first being New Orleans when Jeff went into rehab). I will be extremely pissed and disappointed in the band if it's true - I'm sure alot of folks have made travel plans (ie. taken time off from work, booked hotels, etc.) to attend this show.

The good thing though it means they will be touring in the summer! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :pirate

I thought the same thing, but it's definitely a non-Charleston-ticker-holder point of view. I can only imagine how disappointed everyone will be, especially with all the post-residency fever around here. :ohwell I was on the losing end of the Duluth rescheduled show--it was a heartbreaker. So seriously--vibes, everyone.

There's nothing about this on the Wilco site - seems that we would have been notified if the date is rescheduled. I see the Aug 7 date on Ticketmaster, but nowhere else.

I will be pissed - I have to go to a lot of trouble to make arrangements for the show.

If this is true, and it makes sense that it is, then that does suck for you Charlestonians. But at least they've already got a rescheduled date up. I know Spoon had to cancel a couple shows when they were offered SNL, so it's probably something that happens fairly frequently. Can't really pass up an opportunity to be on national TV on a highly visible show...

Yeah, I'm sure it's true. I bet there will be official word on the WilcoWorld site before the weekend is out. Hopefully the Aug date allows plenty of time for everyone to reschedule, gethotel refunds this many days in advance, etc.

For Duluth you kept your tix unless you wanted a refund--then you sent them back to Music Today.

Well thats reassuring.. Thanks.

As disappointed as I am, I guess I can't blame them.. I'm sure it came down to them choosing between SNL and Charleston.. Of course they have to choose SNL.. Just as long as they didn't cancel Charleston and we get to keep our seats.

this show has kept me going through the winter. i was traveling five hours and staying the weekend with my wife. if this is true i still don't see why they can't do both the snl and the charleston show. it is not like they need to practice...fuck...they just did the five night run in chicago. they could do snl in their sleep. the show is live....at 11:30 eastern time on 3/1. i am not mad...just completly let down. i am not used to this from wilco...so i am going to try to cut them some slack.

fuck,fuck,fuck :(

spongebob

STOP WHINING!

you are a class act to kick people while they down. i am not sure that i know a wilco fan that would be happy about a show being canceled a week before show time. if you read the posts people are understanding but sad. you should save your advice for people who asked for it. you clicked on the link...how about a little personel accountability. :thumbup

spongebob

From what I understand, there is also an afternoon rehearsal on Saturday. Since it's early in their tour, they probably want to make sure they aren't stretching themselves too thin.

Whatever. It will give me a reason to take a short summer vacation in Charleston.

I don't mind having the show rescheduled, especially if it means more exposure on SNL (even though the show sucks).

Whatever. It will give me a reason to take a short summer vacation in Charleston.

I don't mind having the show rescheduled, especially if it means more exposure on SNL (even though the show sucks).

Thats true.. And I'm just glad they rescheduled and didn't cancel all together.. But they would be stupid to cancel a sold out show.

From ticketmaster:

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. Wilco with John Doe, scheduled at North Charleston Performing Arts Center on February 29, 2008, at 8PM, has been postponed. The new date is Thursday, August 7, 2008, at 8PM. Original tickets will be honored for the new date, or you may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method.

Relieved I get to keep my seats. :whew

So I'll be counting down the days.. 165 to go. :yay