Charleston Rescheduled???: The Merged Superthread!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Speed Racer
I think I recall a line in one of your songs.....something about "Half is you, half is me." I guess that doesn't apply if money and noteriety are involved though, huh?

"Half is me, half is me. Half is me, half is me. Half is me, half is me."

It's okay though Jeff. I understand I am just a fan. I'm just a fan.

I'm assuming you got his message on your machine? With his head upon your knee?

Jeff actually called me a minute ago just to laugh at you. He said "Yeah, of course it's personal, why else would we have canceled a show? We don't have legitimate reasons, we don' have obligations or anything. Basically, we just choose to upset as many people as possible. We actually don't care about our careers... well, we do when it makes fans angry. PS; VW VW VW VW."

Seriously. Getting angry at a band for rescheduling a concert date is ludicrous. Be angry at the situation, sure, be disappointed that's fine. Bitching and moaning like that though just makes you look like a child who doesn't understand why everything can't go their way. I'm sure you're a lot smarter than that.

My oh my. So Wilco has cancelled their SOLD OUT show in Charleston in favor of an appearance on Saturday Night Live. Tisk, tisk boys. I could be wrong, but I thought you were all about your fans. I think I recall a line in one of your songs.....something about "Half is you, half is me." I guess that doesn't apply if money and noteriety are involved though, huh?

I also find it interesting that Wilco hasn't had the descency to send out an email to their fans the way they usually do when they cancell a show. They don't even mention on their fancy website that the show has been cancelled. I think I know why. It's because the announcement would have to go something like this: "Wilco has cancelled it's sold out show in Charleston (which would have been full of long time and dedicated fans) because.......well........the band got a better offer that involved a fat paycheck and an egocentric appearance on national television.

you seriously think that people and bands get paid to be on SNL and late night TV??? :lol

Yeah, and maybe they'll feel bad and add another show on the 8th. :w00t

Yeah, you would think Wilco would do something to make it up to us. Maybe they'll play extra long. Or handout free t-shirts or something.. But this is probably just wishful thinking.

Yeah, you would think Wilco would do something to make it up to us. Maybe they'll play extra long. Or handout free t-shirts or something.. But this is probably just wishful thinking.

Maybe a pre-concert show in the parking lot? :w00t

That sucks for Charleston ticket-holders. I've had a few shows rescheduled in my time (not Wilco, but shows I was *really* looking forward to), so I know how much it blows.

I do happen to think an SNL appearance is a good reason for them to reschedule, though -- not that it makes it suck any less for you all. I hope everyone can make it for the August date ... I'm sure they'll find a way to make it up to you.

Still no official word of reschedulization on either the Wilco or Charleston PAC websites...

Wow.. I didn't even think about the PAC site. Hmmmmm..... They better announce something soon, or a lot of people are going to be showing up at the PAC to an empty house.

Edit: From what I can tell, the event has been removed from the PAC site.

Remember the UK dates last November?

All cancelled with no explanation and nothing resheduled due to 'conflicting schedules'. A few angry punters over here who lost money/wasted holiday on the whole affair.

Yep.. Now that truly sucked. In this case, it sucks, but at least they rescheduled and we get to keep our seats. At first, I was angry at Wilco, but I really can't blame them.. But I'm a little disturbed that they haven't posted the news on their site, and the venue still says the show is this Friday.. Not sure what to make of that yet..

I feel bad for all you Charleston fans. I'd be very disappointed also.

But sitting here as a Wilco fan in Kansas City, I'm THRILLED of Wilco's decision.....beings they've NEVER played on SNL. It was no-brainer decision for Wilco. Any fan outside of Charleston would have to agree.

I have a feelling Wilco will make it up to you all.

Edit: From what I can tell, the event has been removed from the PAC site.

I guess that makes it official. Time to cancel my weekend travel plans - the last place I'd want to be this Friday is the PAC parking lot when all those folks roll in expecting a Wilco show.

And yes, I'll probably watch the band on SNL; I just won't enjoy it.

Remember the UK dates last November?

All cancelled with no explanation and nothing resheduled due to 'conflicting schedules'. A few angry punters over here who lost money/wasted holiday on the whole affair.

from what i had heard, it was a conflicting schedule with one of the other band members... i think we can make a pretty good guess at who that might have been...

I feel bad for all you Charleston fans. I'd be very disappointed also.

But sitting here as a Wilco fan in Kansas City, I'm THRILLED of Wilco's decision.....beings they've NEVER played on SNL. It was no-brainer decision for Wilco. Any fan outside of Charleston would have to agree.

I have a feelling Wilco will make it up to you all.

I understand what you are trying to say, but don't think you were entirely accurate. Plenty of fans "outside of Charleston" were planning on attending the show. I'm one of them.

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. Wilco with John Doe, scheduled at North Charleston Performing Arts Center on February 29, 2008, at 8PM, has been postponed. The new date is Thursday, August 7, 2008, at 8PM. Original tickets will be honored for the new date, or you may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method.

THIS ISN'T FAIR!!! I've taken time off, paid for motel, been so looking forward to this show!!!!

And now there isn't going to be a show!!!!!!!!!

I CAN NOT TAKE AUG. 7TH OFF!!!!!!!!!! So I'm JUST FU** EVERY WHICH WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS THIS THE THANKS WE GET? THANKS WILCO!!!!!!!!!!

THIS ISN'T FAIR!!! I've taken time off, paid for motel, been so looking forward to this show!!!!

And now there isn't going to be a show!!!!!!!!!

I CAN NOT TAKE AUG. 7TH OFF!!!!!!!!!! So I'm JUST FU** EVERY WHICH WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS THIS THE THANKS WE GET? THANKS WILCO!!!!!!!!!!

Settle down. I understand your disappointment, but this isn't the band's personal attack on you.

I really would've loved to have seen some of you residency show people's reactions had your show(s) been "postponed".

dude of the 1000's of shows i've seen, i've had so many concerts here in Minneapolis rescheduled (and many outright CANCELLED) so that bands could play on SNL, Conan, Letterman, etc.

Doves, Kings of Leon, Queens of the Stone Age, etc.

trust me, i know it sucks, but i got over it...