Charleston Rescheduled???: The Merged Superthread!

dude of the 1000's of shows i've seen, i've had so many concerts here in Minneapolis rescheduled (and many outright CANCELLED) so that bands could play on SNL, Conan, Letterman, etc.

Doves, Kings of Leon, Queens of the Stone Age, etc.

trust me, i know it sucks, but i got over it...

I got over it too, but trust me. Charleston is not Minneapolis and doesn't get half the shows you guys get.

I'm just saying give the poster a break. She probably just read about the postponement and that was her original raw reaction. I'm sure she'll calm down later.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got over it too, but trust me. Charleston is not Minneapolis and doesn't get half the shows you guys get.

I'm just saying give the poster a break. She probably just read about the postponement and that was her original raw reaction. I'm sure she'll calm down later.

oh i am giving them a break (i was kidding above, if you couldn't tell)

but that wouldn't be my first course of action is to go on the largest Wilco forum and complain/whine, that's all.

I understand what you are trying to say, but don't think you were entirely accurate. Plenty of fans "outside of Charleston" were planning on attending the show. I'm one of them.

OK. I also feel bad for the tens or hundreds of people traveling from outside of Charleston. Sucks for you all. It really does. If I were you guys, I'd be pissed, disappointed and bummed out.

But it does not suck for the hundreds of thousands of fans who would NOT have attended the show. Sorry, but getting a chance to play on SNL is more important than a show in Charleston. Wilco made the correct decision.

Wilco WILL be back in Chareleston in late Summer. I'm not sure what all you people attending the show think Wilco should do. Maybe Tweedy can pen a love ballad to Charleston and play it for you all in August. And in each seat, you all will find a dozen roses and a Sorry card from Hallmark.

Tweedy probably feels guilty as hell for cancelling a show for SNL. But C'MON!!!!!! It's the ONLY decision the band could have made.

Sorry, guess I'm as much a class act as Jules.

THIS ISN'T FAIR!!! I've taken time off, paid for motel, been so looking forward to this show!!!!

And now there isn't going to be a show!!!!!!!!!

I CAN NOT TAKE AUG. 7TH OFF!!!!!!!!!! So I'm JUST FU** EVERY WHICH WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS THIS THE THANKS WE GET? THANKS WILCO!!!!!!!!!!

I've been fuming about this all weekend, but was hoping the lack of an "official" announcement on the band's website (which we're still waiting for...) was due to last-minute logistics scrambling to play both charleston and SNL on consecutive nights (the charleston airport is a 10 min. drive from the PAC with plenty of daily flights to NYC; maybe the issue was getting the gear up to NYC in time altho I'd think they could load up the bus & get the stuff up there overnight in plenty of time. I assume they'll have to return the booking fee to the PAC, altho for that amount I think they could've played the show & chartered a plane to get the band & gear to NYC in time. Maybe they thought it'd be too much traveling to do Charleston-NYC-Nashville on consecutive nights. Then why not reschedule Nashville? Nah, can't do that - they played there last year so it's becoming an annual tradition and they can't disappoint the good folks of Nashville. Or maybe they have to spend Friday and Saturday kissing Lorne Michaels' ring. Who knows? We sure don't.)

Okay - thanks for giving me a forum to rant. I'll stop now.

Oh come on, man. No need to be so condescending. Sheesh.

Also, we wouldn't know how guilty the band feels for cancelling because 3 days later there's still no official word from them or their management concerning the postponement.

Tweedy probably feels guilty as hell for cancelling a show for SNL. But C'MON!!!!!! It's the ONLY decision the band could have made.

I don't think it's the only decision that could be made. I mean they could have decided to fulfill their commitments and played as scheduled.

but that wouldn't be my first course of action is to go on the largest Wilco forum and complain/whine, that's all.

What? You mean as moderator you didn't know that was the purpose of this forum? :lol

Edit - Sorry, administrator. :monkey

Why is anyone complaining? The show got rescheduled! You know they are coming.

I am still waiting for the Winnipeg show that was promised for early this year, after the cancellation. The chances of them coming to Winnipeg soon are slim to none I am thinking, until the next tour. Oh well. I will keep listening to those kick-ass bootlegs of the Residency shows. They are truly wonderful.

Why is anyone complaining? The show got rescheduled! You know they are coming.

So no one has the right to be the least bit upset that they made arrangements to see the band, maybe including considerable travel, and the band essentially changed plans at the last minute?

Yeah my raw reaction... I doubt I will calm down. They haven't been close enough for me to drive since June (which JT said he'd be back, when?)

and now, days before the show, they change it for 6 months down the road which I can't take that time off!

so guess what, I don't get to see a show this year I guess,

so yeah I'm really upset by it all, this was a very important weekend for me and the highlight was to see Wilco...

So what the hell do I do now? I don't want a refund, I want to see the show, oh well...

Yeah my raw reaction... I doubt I will calm down. They haven't been close enough for me to drive since June (which JT said he'd be back, when?)

and now, days before the show, they change it for 6 months down the road which I can't take that time off!

so guess what, I don't get to see a show this year I guess,

so yeah I'm really upset by it all, this was a very important weekend for me and the highlight was to see Wilco...

So what the hell do I do now? I don't want a refund, I want to see the show, oh well...

I understand. I haven't seen them since June, either.

Maybe they will schedule more southern dates in August on a weekend and you'll be able to go to one of those.

I don't think it's called entitlement when you pay someone a fee and expect him or her to fulfill his or her obligation.

Call me crazy but if you offer to do something (perform) for a fee (ticket price) and I accept your offer (buy a ticket) and there is consideration (an exchange of money) this usually is not considered an entitlement.

Stop complaining, they rescheduled. Wilco does not owe you shit. I've had other bands cancel on me too.

Built to Spill and Ween both canceled on shows I had tickets for and made up for them int he best way possible.

One more thing, how many of you have called in sick to work? Or set a Dr's Appointment then rescheduled it? Give them a break.

And Wilco happen to be fulfilling their obligation by offering refunds for the ticket price or honoring the ticket at a later date.

So you agree that to be upset about having a for lack of a better term, contract, altered at the last minute is an entitlement mentality?

I agree Wilco is fulfilling their obligations by offering an alternative remedy but people have a right to be upset by the short notice and their respective circumstances.

Also I don't think people voicing their displeasure is in any way wrong or inappropriate.

Canceled shows so stink for those that have tickets....but,

I do understand the decision. SNL only tapes 20 live shows a season now. It's an honor to be selected as the musical act at this point. If you look at the list of recent performers, Wilco is one the smaller acts in terms of national recognition. It would be very difficult to turn this down.

Plus, they get to perform 2 songs.

(furiously setting tivo)

One more thing, how many of you have called in sick to work? Or set a Dr's Appointment then rescheduled it? Give them a break.

You are seriously comparing these things to cancelling a concert? Give me a break.