Charleston Rescheduled???: The Merged Superthread!

From ticketmaster:

Relieved I get to keep my seats. :whew

So I'll be counting down the days.. 165 to go. :yay

Yeah, I am glad I get to keep my seats.

I feel SO lucky to have gotten to go to all five nights in Chicago, but I was dreading (only a little, mind you) the drive from Atlanta to Charleston on Friday so quickly after coming back from Chicago. I might still be going down there anyway since it was all planned and such.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has got to be a huge suck fest for people who have paid for airfare and hotel rooms, and for those people I am truly sorry and frankly they deserve to do all the whining they want.

But, with this date change, maybe caliber and i can make a road trip.

This has got to be a huge suck fest for people who have paid for airfare and hotel rooms, and for those people I am truly sorry and frankly they deserve to do all the whining they want.

But, with this date change, maybe caliber and i can make a road trip.

I agree, I just forget that Charleston might be a place that people were willing to fly in to see the band perform. I have a free place to stay this weekend if I choose to still go, but I might not in August. I will have to take more time off in August since it is on a Thursday now instead of a Friday. It is all an inconvenience, but in the end, if it is worth it to you, you make it happen.

Let's see: Chicago gets five shows of the band's back-catalogue and free hot chocolate - Charleston gets to watch the band do two songs on a crappy late-night television program.

thanks wilco. thanks for nothing at all.

Let's see: Chicago gets five shows of the band's back-catalogue and free hot chocolate - Charleston gets to watch the band do two songs on a crappy late-night television program.

thanks wilco. thanks for nothing at all.

well, to be fair, all those folks from the 5 night residency also either have SARS or the plague.

I think it's lame that they cancel a concert to do two songs on t.v. They should have asked to reschedule the SNL slot, imo. Maybe that's not possible and/or maybe they did try, I don't know.

At least the concert is rescheduled, though.

well, to be fair, all those folks from the 5 night residency also either have SARS or the plague.

Or divorce papers pending...

Sadly two songs on SNL is going to pay off big time for the band, a gig in Charleston is just another mid-sized city gig.

LouieB

It would pay off big time if people still watched SNL! That show has not been funny for years! Ah! It is disappointing but the re-scheduled Thursday in August provides an excuse for a long beach weekend. Sucks now. Will be awesome then, and I am glad my tickets will still be honored. Is anyone going to party in Charleston Friday night anyway? I am still going. Charleston is a great town!

a gig in Charleston is just another mid-sized city gig.

LouieB

This is what's disappointing to me, realizing we are just another date on the tour. I'm over the postponement and luckily I have plenty of other non-Wilco shows scheduled between now and August to keep me entertained but it would've been nice to hear about it from the band or their management and not Ticketmaster. Guess that's my fault for putting the band on some kind of pedestal.

Also, I really don't want to hear anyone who went to the residency shows (Jules!) to tell anyone in this thread to stop whining (Jules!). Ever had a beatdown from a Southern girl, Jules? :lol

it would've been nice to hear about it from the band or their management and not Ticketmaster.

Thats how I feel.. They could have at least updated the date on Wilcoworld.. It's the least they could do. I manage a website, and updating something like that takes about 30 seconds.. But oh well.. I'm starting to accept it now. . Just wish I had a bunch of shows to go to. Who else are you seeing watch me fall?

you are a class act to kick people while they down. i am not sure that i know a wilco fan that would be happy about a show being canceled a week before show time. if you read the posts people are understanding but sad. you should save your advice for people who asked for it. you clicked on the link...how about a little personel accountability. :thumbup

spongebob

How many times have you seen Wilco live in the last week or so? twice??

:lol I was just kidding around. This sucks for you guys. Sorry.

Or divorce papers pending...

Sadly two songs on SNL is going to pay off big time for the band, a gig in Charleston is just another mid-sized city gig.

LouieB

You think? I see your point Louie (I guess your just echoing the band's logic for doing this), but I don't like it.

Sorry to keep pooping in the punch bowl, but take a look at a map - I bet there's a good number of folks driving/flying up from FLA, some of whom aren't going to find out it's "rescheduled" ("rescheduled" because the way I read it, it looks like they were planning a tour in Aug. anyway - more like "canceled, but your tickets will still be good for a show six months from now" ) until they pull into the parking lot.

Regardless of the current quality or popularity of the program, being the musical guest or host of SNL is a pretty big deal, evidenced by the fact that current "It Girl" Ellen Page is the host. I'd be a resident of This Sucks Village right now too, but you can't dismiss the significance of the opportunity for the band.

That being said, I'd still push for the lap dance. Preferrably Nels opening and Pat closing.

The Wilco site has been updated a couple of times today and there still isn't any mention of this. Many of us who got our tickets through the pre-sale would really have no way of knowing..

Basically, it's weird that they still haven't mentioned it.

Thats how I feel.. They could have at least updated the date on Wilcoworld.. It's the least they could do. I manage a website, and updating something like that takes about 30 seconds.. But oh well.. I'm starting to accept it now. . Just wish I had a bunch of shows to go to. Who else are you seeing watch me fall?

The Wilco site has been updated a couple of times today and there still isn't any mention of this. Many of us who got our tickets through the pre-sale would really have no way of knowing..

Basically, it's weird that they still haven't mentioned it.

Perhaps there are contractual obligations with Ticketmaster?

They should honor all of those Charleston tix for anyone that can make it to SNL. But on the brighter side of things, if they've rescheduled for August 7th, that means they're gonna be in the south in August. There's hope for a Richmond show yet.

They should honor all of those Charleston tix for anyone that can make it to SNL. But on the brighter side of things, if they've rescheduled for August 7th, that means they're gonna be in the south in August. There's hope for a Richmond show yet.

Yeah, and maybe they'll feel bad and add another show on the 8th. :w00t

My oh my. So Wilco has cancelled their SOLD OUT show in Charleston in favor of an appearance on Saturday Night Live. Tisk, tisk boys. I could be wrong, but I thought you were all about your fans. I think I recall a line in one of your songs.....something about "Half is you, half is me." I guess that doesn't apply if money and noteriety are involved though, huh?

I also find it interesting that Wilco hasn't had the descency to send out an email to their fans the way they usually do when they cancell a show. They don't even mention on their fancy website that the show has been cancelled. I think I know why. It's because the announcement would have to go something like this: "Wilco has cancelled it's sold out show in Charleston (which would have been full of long time and dedicated fans) because.......well........the band got a better offer that involved a fat paycheck and an egocentric appearance on national television.

Congratulations Jeff. This marks the first time in your career that someone could make a very strong argument that you have sold out.

"Half is me, half is me. Half is me, half is me. Half is me, half is me."

It's okay though Jeff. I understand I am just a fan. I'm just a fan.