It just means that she's not releasing her delegates. She's basically conceding the race but keeping the delegates for leverage in forming the platform.

That and firing up her supporters with the "I'm not making any decisions tonight" bit so that they'll go to "HillaryClinton.com!" and donate to her campaign (ie: help her pay down her debt) even though she knew all along last night that she'd be bowing out.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Two words MOVEON.ORG

That's not two words, or even one. It's an url.

:shifty

He can even control the ocean! WOW this guy is special. :lol

"Must be a king."

"How do you know?"

"He ain't got shit all over him."

Well she did get 18 million of the 35 million votes cast in the Democratic primaries. :thumbup

Yes, because vote count is extremely relevant in a contest that was 1/3 caucuses. :thumbup

I was just paraphrasing Hillary from her speach. I think she stressed the 18/35 miliion voted thing two or three times.

I can't wait to see this place when Obama loses in November. It will be like when Wilco releases a sub-par album.

Sacrilege!

Here, we have mountain removal. I'd like to see Mr. Obama do something about that.

I can't believe they allow that...are they still doing that? Might get worse, nationally, more specifically in CO as they are once again pushing the support of domestic resource exploration.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. I guess nobody really wants a nuclear waste site in their back yard. Huh.

Or travelling by rail near even more folks' back yards.

Did she really not have a chance from the beginning? I thought she had more of a chance than Obama, back in the day. I also felt equally good about their campaigns in the beginning, but as time went on Clinton seemed more caustic and Obama more inspiring.

What about Edwards? I wonder if the DNC wishes he was the nominee. He is a neutral pick, less reason not to vote for him which is all we need now going against the recent GOP track record and the Maverick. Politically, this would be good to get the GOP out of the White House. However, from a social aspect, just having an African/Euro American (multiracial) candidate in the election will expose and hopefully progress race relations in the US. It may have secondary effects on other countries as well...but what is more important? Guess that depends on who you are.

It just means that she's not releasing her delegates. She's basically conceding the race but keeping the delegates for leverage in forming the platform.

There's also talk that she'll be calling for an oral roll-call (so to speak) of all delegates at the Convention...

I would assume the negotiations with Obama will include the trade of "you pay my debt, I'll throw my weight behind you, and not run as an independent..."

Watching the Clinton campaign is like watching that one dude in the green room at the NFL draft who is sinking lower and lower and lower.

She went from presumptive nominee, to in a dogfight with Obama, to the no-brainer veep, to ... at this point ... nothing (?).

This is uncomfortable. She is actually going to find a way to not end up on the Dem ticket in November. An astounding collapse. They will be teaching classes about this. How not to run a campaign. Wow.

So most of Clinton's campaign debt is owed to herself, right? Shouldn't she just forgive that debt rather than ask John and Jane Clinton/Obama contributor to pay her back? Does anyone care if the Clintons have 20 million in the bank vs. 30 million?

Depending on how she self-funded the campaign, there could be some pretty serious tax implications if she just forgave $10M.

Of course being a Democrat, paying a bunch of taxes for the good of the people shouldn

Watching the Clinton campaign is like watching that one dude in the green room at the NFL draft who is sinking lower and lower and lower.

She went from presumptive nominee, to in a dogfight with Obama, to the no-brainer veep, to ... at this point ... nothing (?).

This is uncomfortable. She is actually going to find a way to not end up on the Dem ticket in November. An astounding collapse. They will be teaching classes about this. How not to run a campaign. Wow.

no brainer VP?

i don't know about that... sure it *MIGHT* help Obama's chances, but it also could hurt them too...

and there's far too much baggage (aka: Bill) to be logistical, not to mention it'd piss off a LOT of the first time voters who are attracted to Obama simply because he's not been a lifetime Washington politician.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Not to mention it'd piss off a LOT of the first time voters who are attracted to Obama simply because he's not been a lifetime Washington politician.

The last thing you want to have a president do is be able to work with the existing Washington system. Just ask Jimmy Carter ...

Guest Cousin Tupelo
An astounding collapse. They will be teaching classes about this. How not to run a campaign. Wow.

Yes,

Lesson 1: Don't be an agressive, independent thinking woman. It's a boys club afterall.

Lesson 2: Don't run against a black man. You can drag a woman through the mud for being old, ugly, wearing pant suits, accuse her of being a lesbian, tell her to go back to the kitchen, belittle her for her private marital issues. But make sure you take no notice of the black voters that historically supported you (or her husband, rather) because you're obviously racist AND a woman).

Lesson 3: Don't speak confidently, say what you're going to do and give specifics. Instead, keep it vague, get others to hold the knives, and don't engage in meaningful debate.

Class dismissed.

no brainer VP?

i don't know about that... sure it *MIGHT* help Obama's chances, but it also could hurt them too...

and there's far too much baggage (aka: Bill) to be logistical, not to mention it'd piss off a LOT of the first time voters who are attracted to Obama simply because he's not been a lifetime Washington politician.

You missed my point. Maybe I wasn't clear. I am agreeing with you. At this point, she's not even a no brainer VP. I think I said she's gone from no brainer VP candidate (with 18MM votes and mucho $$) to nothing now. Obama may (and I'd argue will) pass over her for VP for all the reasons you said. It's mind boggling to me that everything is slipping away for the Clinton campaign.

Yes,

Lesson 1: Don't be an agressive, independent thinking woman. It's a boys club afterall.

Lesson 2: Don't run against a black man. You can drag a woman through the mud for being old, ugly, wearing pant suits, accuse her of being a lesbian, tell her to go back to the kitchen, belittle her for her private marital issues. But make sure you take no notice of the black voters that historically supported you (or her husband, rather) because you're obviously racist AND a woman).

Lesson 3: Don't speak confidently, say what you're going to do and give specifics. Instead, keep it vague, get others to hold the knives, and don't engage in meaningful debate.

Class dismissed.

Lesson 1: Understand when to back off. Understand when to push

Lesson 2: Do not instigate the other candidate based upon race, gender, culture, etc.

Lesson 3: During the primary keep it vague, with glimpses of detail. Expect to get negative PR as this is a political election. Do your best to maintain your base. Do not consider yourself another race, that you are not.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Lesson 1: Understand when to back off. Understand when to push

Yes the last thing you need in Washington is a tireless fighter. Better to have someone back off (like Gore in 2000). That's the way to the White House.

Lesson 2: Do not instigate the other candidate based upon race, gender, culture, etc.

Yes don't instigate predjudice by being a woman candidate.

Lesson 3: During the primary keep it vague, with glimpses of detail. Expect to get negative PR as this is a political election. Do your best to maintain your base. Do not consider yourself another race, that you are not.

That's heifer dust.

You missed my point. Maybe I wasn't clear. I am agreeing with you. At this point, she's not even a no brainer VP. I think I said she's gone from no brainer VP candidate (with 18MM votes and mucho $) to nothing now. Obama may (and I'd argue will) pass over her for VP for all the reasons you said. It's mind boggling to me that everything is slipping away for the Clinton campaign.

ok, well i never saw her as a "no brainer VP" is all... in fact i always thought it was an awful and far fetched idea ;)

i'd like an Obama/Richardson ticket

I'd really love that ticket too because Richardson is the man, but I'm not sure if that's a winner as much as Obama/Edwards could be (mostly because Edwards can probably help convert some borderline red Southern states).

Richardson, I think, would make an excellent Secretary of State.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
ok, well i never saw her as a "no brainer VP" is all... in fact i always thought it was an awful and far fetched idea ;)

To take nothing from Obama -- he won afterall -- but my thought for the Democratic party would be Clinton/Obama 2008-2016 and then Obama would move up for another 8 years. That scenario would have been based on experience/lack of experience. I don't think it works the other way. She is looking to help set the agenda for the party at the convention and all her chips will be on health care.

Lesson 1: Have a plan for the whole race in case you don't win as soon as you think you will.

Lesson 2: Know your party's delegate rules. Caucuses are important.