• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to thank the miner, the waitress, the construction worker, the poet, the physician, the farmer, the scientist,

The magician and the other so-called Gods of our legends. Though Gods they were - And as the elders of our time choose to remain blind Let us rejoice and let us sing and dance and ring in the new. . Hail Atlantis! -- Sen. Clinton

Man, the way those people in New York were chanting Denver! Denver! was a little unnerving. All I could think was "Oh Dear God, NO!"

She gave no indication of this in her speech, but all the blabber on the tube about a possible independent campaign is just too horrifying to think about.

Obama/Edwards '08

:thumbup

I'd vote for that.

Obama/Edwards runs really strong in the polls. Youth and inexperience, Woot!

I'm sure some of that is because Edwards has a national profile, whereas the other possible VP candidates basically don't. So that may not be totally fair. However, Obama/Edwards just does a well as Obama/Sebelius in KANSAS, which is something. Obama/Edwards also beats Obama/Rendell

http://www.surveyusa.com/index.php/category/poll-results/

Hillary is a major-league piece of work. Talk about a narcissist -- all she did was talk about how SHE had done thus and such. Worse, she could not give him more than 15 seconds of her speech.

She had a chance to look magnanimous and gracious, and she blew it. She is acting like a sore loser -- not a good example for all of you kids out there.

BTW -- I went on to her site and "voted" for her to drop out.

getting let into the arena JUST as Michelle & Barrack took the stage, watching/listening to his speech, feeling that energy... unlike anything i've ever felt, including rock concerts, etc.

cliche/lame as it might be to say, but when you truly break it down and realize what he accomplished, it truly is one of the biggest moments in political (and US) history, and something i feel blessed to even remotely be a part of.

:worship

Ha Kyle -- I was wondering if you'd go. I am really happy you got to be there.

Better or worse than 3-3-07? :lol

getting let into the arena JUST as Michelle & Barrack took the stage, watching/listening to his speech, feeling that energy... unlike anything i've ever felt, including rock concerts, etc.

cliche/lame as it might be to say, but when you truly break it down and realize what he accomplished, it truly is one of the biggest moments in political (and US) history, and something i feel blessed to even remotely be a part of.

This post made me smile from ear to ear. I'm glad you were there. :thumbup

The last 4 years in particular have been a pretty soul-crushing experience. The energy you felt in that room shows how ready folks are to get back on the right track.

Indeed.

I agree, which is why I find it odd that the only tv stations that covered his speech (in the Atlanta, non-cable market) were ABC and the mexican channel.

I'm pretty conservative, not sure I'd vote for Obama. I might, just because I respect the hell out of what he has been able to accomplish. I had goose bumps watching his speech on TV. I'm also getting tired of all this stuff about Pflager, Wright, Ayers, and all the lies about Obama and Islam. If that's the way McCain's allies choose to run the campaign, I'll be sorely disappointed. I have a lot of respect for both of these candidates and I think they have the potential to run the best, cleanest campaign in at least 50 years. I worry it's not going to happen though.

LUCKY! Watching it on tv...not as cool.But the energy you speak of just follows that man. I did get some silly goosebumps.

Last time I was @ that arena was in 2004 for a John Kerrry benefit with Springsteen, R.E.M., John Fogerty, and Neil Young. Now it's roadtrip time for Obama.

Missouri for Obama

http://www.myspace.com/barackobama_mo

I have to say as someone who REALLY struggles with what to do on Iraq (therefore not a deciding issue for me with these candidates), I would be happy with either one. McCain not being a "base" republican and Obama's obvious gift for inspiring people makes me think that either one could heal a little of the divisiveness that I see as our biggest problem. When you get down to it, these candidates are not THAT different on policy. Unfortunately, the pessimist in me thinks that even if the candidates themselves decide to run clean, positive campaigns, the supporters of each won't let that happen. No matter what, I can't see anything but improvement from our current situation on January 20th.

Unfortunately, the pessimist in me thinks that even if the candidates themselves decide to run clean, positive campaigns, the supporters of each won't let that happen.

You're right about that one. I just hope it doesn't devolve into each candidate constantly denouncing various supporters for something stupid they have said or done. That gets old real quick.

McCain not being a "base" republican

I used to think that, too, maybe because I didn't think he would be running for prez. I have noticed the GOP get their grip on him. He has changed his presentation in the last several months, although his support has never been 'maverick' as he is now marketed as. This term, 'maverick', is going to get old fast.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/06/04/m...ame/#more-29816

Guest Cousin Tupelo
You're right about that one. I just hope it doesn't devolve into each candidate constantly denouncing various supporters for something stupid they have said or done. That gets old real quick.

What I'm sorry Obama never picked up on it, but I hope he does now is Clinton's suggestion to have debates ala Lincoln-Douglas where they take one another on and hash out their positions without a moderator.

Of course none of the networks would go for it, because they couldn't put their spin on it. But if, as McCain has said, they're going to end the partisanism of Washington, this is a good way to do it -- reach consensus, or at least define concrete differences and positions -- in front of the world.