that is a very common thing in primaries actually...

True, I see that as a crappy way to spend money though, since all Obama would get for the money is Hillary's endorsement...If that. Common or not, it smells of extortion to me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, someone mentioned, what if it isn't true...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is "absolutely not" planning to concede the campaign to Barack Obama on Tuesday night, Clinton campaign chairman Terry McAuliffe told CNN on Tuesday.

"No one has the number to be the nominee of the Democratic party right now," he said.

McAuliffe, asked about an AP report that Clinton will acknowledge Tuesday night after the South Dakota and Montana primaries that Obama has the delegates to clinch the nomination for the November presidential election, replied: "They are 100 percent incorrect."

Yeah, someone mentioned, what if it isn't true...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is "absolutely not" planning to concede the campaign to Barack Obama on Tuesday night, Clinton campaign chairman Terry McAuliffe told CNN on Tuesday.

"No one has the number to be the nominee of the Democratic party right now," he said.

McAuliffe, asked about an AP report that Clinton will acknowledge Tuesday night after the South Dakota and Montana primaries that Obama has the delegates to clinch the nomination for the November presidential election, replied: "They are 100 percent incorrect."

McAuliffe is apparently super conflicted today then:

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/mcauliffe...2008-06-03.html

Terry McAuliffe, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's (N.Y.) campaign chairman, said Tuesday that he believes that, once Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) reaches the number of delegates necessary to clinch the Democratic presidential nomination, the former first lady "will congratulate him and call him the nominee."

McAuliffe, who appeared on NBC's Today Show, touted Clinton's success in the popular vote when anchor Meredith Vieira interrupted to say: "But, then again, it is not about the votes, it is about that number, 2,118 delegates," to which he replied "sure."

which with the surge of supers today (there's been over 10 so far this morning, and they keep rolling in), he'll most likely hit that #, he's only off by a few now, when you include the 16-20 pledged delegates he'll pick up in SD & MT

She also wants him to give her money to pay off her campaign debt. If nothing else, you gotta worship thos balls. :worship

If you read between the lines of the first "she's quitting" article, it looks like she might be planning on continuing her campaign against Obama, even if she is no longer technicallty in the race.

She

This could be it.

AP tally: Obama effectively clinches nomination

10 minutes ago

Barack Obama has effectively clinched the Democratic presidential nomination, based on an Associated Press tally of convention delegates.

The tally put Obama over the top Tuesday, ahead of the results from the day's final primaries in Montana and South Dakota. The Illinois senator becomes the first black candidate ever to lead his party into a fall campaign for the White House. Obama outlasted former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton in a historic contest and now faces Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona for the presidency.

:w00t

When McCains age is brought up is it ok to point also to BHO's race?

Age, race, religion or gender?

I don't intend to but it seems just as ignorant.

Of course not! This is a liberal forum!

It's all fair game, really.

When McCains age is brought up is it ok to point also to BHO's race?

Age, race, religion or gender?

I don't intend to but it seems just as ignorant.

The Nation had a pretty good column talking about this. The author is the same as John McCain and he was explaining that age shouldn't be taboo because, unlike race and gender, it does effect your ability to lead, cognize, not shit your pants, etc.

Of course this is from a pinko liberal rag, so who knows what they would say if Barack was 90 yrs old.

Except for Obama's race.

Hey, he knew when he got into the race that being an Iraqi might be raised as an issue.

There are some who would argue Obama's race makes him much less qualified to be president than McCain's age.

I think they are both absolute non-issues, I think its just going to be really entertaining to watch democrats continue to bitch and moan about how "unfair" Rove's campaign tactics are and then take a few right out of his playbook.

I hate politics...

Hey, he knew when he got into the race that being an Iraqi might be raised as an issue.

I just e-mailed that to all of the right wing Christian extremists in my address book. :thumbup

Only in Plato's head were politics ever about a reasonable attempt to figure out who would be the best person to be in charge. As the annoying Alan Chartock puts it, politics is at its base the "authoritative allocation of resources." There is a big fat layer of bullshit layered above it, but that's what it is when it comes down to it.

The Nation had a pretty good column talking about this. The author is the same as John McCain and he was explaining that age shouldn't be taboo because, unlike race and gender, it does effect your ability to lead, cognize, not shit your pants, etc.

I think you will find that a pretty good block of voters will have preconceived beliefs that his color may very well effect his ability to lead.

They may not be real vocal about it but if you believe this country has reached the point of being color blind you are quite delusional.

I'm just saying, it's going to be really interesting to watch how desperate democrats are going to get in this election.

really?

desperate?

if you've been paying attention the last 6 months, or if you know many conservatives, you'd know that the ones who are going to be desperate are those moderates who don't mind what McCain has become.

all the true conservatives i know are planning to stay home at this point.

if it was the McCain of 2000, i wouldn't even mind him that much to be perfectly honest.

This is a year and a half old, so the real list is a little longer now, but here's a good start.

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/9111.html

And that doesn't even really touch on how he's embraced the neocon line on foreign policy.

Oh, I know what a flip-flopper he's been. I meant it sarcastically. I dont think he's really "changed" at all. I think he's gotten smarter. He was full of it then and he's full of it now.

Oh, I know what a flip-flopper he's been. I meant it sarcastically. I dont think he's really "changed" at all. I think he's gotten smarter. He was full of it then and he's full of it now.

Right on. Sorry, I'm a little slow.