It is kind of completely uncharted territory. Probably throwing runes or casting an I-Ching would be just as good as trying to use logic and analysis to make a prediction.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he's a good party chair, IMO. Way better than McAulliffe was.

Dean is an excellent chair. His 50 state approach is working as we see in the success of Barack Obama and in congressional races. McAuliffe is horrible. And since his time as head of the party is being brought up it's important to note that during his time as chair, Michigan wanted to move their primary date up for the 2004 election and Terry was adamant not to let that happen. Here's a quote from his memoir:

"I'm going outside the primary window," [Michigan Sen. Carl Levin] told me definitively.

"If I allow you to do that, the whole system collapses," I said. "We will have chaos. I let you make your case to the DNC, and we voted unanimously and you lost."

He kept insisting that they were going to move up Michigan on their own, even though if they did that, they would lose half their delegates. By that point Carl and I were leaning toward each other over a table in the middle of the room, shouting and dropping the occasional expletive.

"You won't deny us seats at the convention," he said.

"Carl, take it to the bank," I said. "They will not get a credential. The closest they'll get to Boston will be watching it on television. I will not let you break this entire nominating process for one state. The rules are the rules. If you want to call my bluff, Carl, you go ahead and do it."

We glared at each other some more, but there was nothing much left to say. I was holding all the cards and Levin knew it.

Now as head of Clinton campaign, he's kind of changed his tune. This guy's a serious loser and a big reason why I could never support Hillary. In addition to any criticism of Clinton herself, it is important to note her innate ability to get herself surrounded with poor excuses for human beings, i.e. Mark Penn. As we've seen with Dick Cheney and Rumsfeld, the people behind the president can make a huge difference.

Jesus. Could this be the end finally, or a call to further battle.... fingers crossed for the former (and I have my $$ on it)

Clinton plans New York speech

By JIM KUHNHENN, Associated Press Writer

36 minutes ago

Hillary Rodham Clinton will give her post-primary speech in New York Tuesday night, a rare departure from the campaign trail.

Staffers who have worked for her on he ground in Puerto Rico, South Dakota and Montana have been invited to attend the event or go home for further instructions, campaign aides said. The New York senator had no other events Tuesday. She planned to address AIPAC Wednesday in Washington.

But she is under increasing pressure to cede the Democratic nomination to Barack Obama after the final primaries. There was a sense of denouement in the campaign. She planned to rally with husband and former President Clinton and their daughter Chelsea in South Dakota Monday night

I don't think you're being oversensitive man. It seems to me that nearly everything I (perhaps naively) took for granted about this country - not torturing, the system of checks and balances, etc., has been turned upside down. It's really overwhelming. When you combine Dubya's sheer incompetence with Cheney's inherent evilness it DOES boggle the mind.

I really hope it's not too late to turn things around. It's not a coincidence that the mantra of 'change' is so appealing right now.

Great. Now if she only will work for the party and convince here supporters to do the same.

I noticed the yahoo article said she will leverage for VP...ughhhhh. shit.

She also wants him to give her money to pay off her campaign debt. If nothing else, you gotta worship thos balls. :worship

If you read between the lines of the first "she's quitting" article, it looks like she might be planning on continuing her campaign against Obama, even if she is no longer technicallty in the race.

She also wants him to give her money to pay off her campaign debt. If nothing else, you gotta worship thos balls. :worship

that is a very common thing in primaries actually...

They will also walk away with pensions, security, overpaid positions on corporate 'boards', book deals, speaking deals, well maybe Bush won't get speaking deals.

I think Bushy will book "speeches"..at comedy clubs. He's a blast to watch.