• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just say, I know numerous supporters of Obama who have bitched about Bush not winning the general election in 00 but have been pointing out that Hilarry didn't win within the system and all that.

Can I just say, I know numerous supporters of Obama who have bitched about Bush not winning the general election in 00 but have been pointing out that Hilarry didn't win within the system and all that.

All of these systems are ultimately somewhat undemocratic....I mean despite being an Obama supporter and not a Hillary hater, neither candidate can claim the popular vote since Michigan and Florida didn't have real elections and besides this whole super deligate thing is just so much bullshit. Oh well..so it goes.

Not my A-game comment, but then again it is the end of an exhausting work day (having stayed up too late seeing Nels) and I live in the uber democratic state of IL.....we all know how well run this joint is....

LouieB

Well, seeing as how this country has never been a democracy, I'm not sure what the problem is. In either case. (edited)

what?

they can't even be compared...

:dontgetit

watch this:

51HDN1ZQF8L._SS500_.jpg

I can see a parallel with the complaints of popular vote vs. electoral vote (although, despite Clinton's shady math, she didn't even win the popular vote).

The real issue in 2000 though was that the Supreme Court stepped in inappropriately, and there's really no parallel to that in the current situation.

I can see a parallel with the complaints of popular vote vs. electoral vote (although, despite Clinton's shady math, she didn't even win the popular vote).

The real issue in 2000 though was that the Supreme Court stepped in inappropriately, and there's really no parallel to that in the current situation.

exactly.

and the fact is... even WITH the FL & MI results counted AS IS in full (which would have been pretty ridiculous and totally unfair, especially to Barack in MI), Hillary would still have lost the primary, so it's kind of a moot point now.

you'd think i'd be mature enough to pass up the opportunity to type 'shaved pussy' in an election thread...but i'm obviously not.

:rotfl

I can't wait to see this place when Obama loses in November. It will be like when Wilco releases a sub-par album.

:bonghit

Did you see his speech last night? Lame-O.

Nuclear waste

After spending quite a bit of time in New Mexico, I conclude that there is enough empty space (miles and miles and miles of nothing) out there to build a facility to store it.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. I guess nobody really wants a nuclear waste site in their back yard. Huh.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Give or take a few hundred thousand....

LouieB

And the intercoursing democratic moronic party of Michigan and Florida.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
exactly.

and the fact is... even WITH the FL & MI results counted AS IS in full (which would have been pretty ridiculous and totally unfair, especially to Barack in MI), Hillary would still have lost the primary, so it's kind of a moot point now.

What everyone ignores is that regardless of all this Bushshit, Obama, nor McCain are NOT the party candidates until they are seated at their respective conventions.

There is a noisy minority that has saw fit to kick Hillary Clinton's ass from day one. And those same people now are bitching because she hasn't screamed uncle. They'll holder he down and give her a few dozen more noogies before they're satisfied she's suffered enough.

Bill O'Reilly would be proud of these Democrats.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
I can't wait to see this place when Obama loses in November. It will be like when Wilco releases a sub-par album.

Isn't every Wilco album sub-par compared to the one everyone expected them to make?

NYT reporting Hillary will end campaign on Saturday. I voted for Obama in the NY primary, but I feel awful for Hillary. I think it is important for the strident Obamaistas to remember that despite all the shit she took and the fact she had no chance, a whole hell of a lot of Democrats still voted for her.

Did she really not have a chance from the beginning? I thought she had more of a chance than Obama, back in the day. I also felt equally good about their campaigns in the beginning, but as time went on Clinton seemed more caustic and Obama more inspiring.

The Times story quotes Howard Wolfson by name saying Hillary will endorse Obama on Saturday. I would take that as a good sign there will be no independent run.

CNN is kinda tearing a new one about how the Clintons are using the word 'suspended' and not 'stopping' or etc...if this is an indication of an independent Clinton run I will flip a shit.

It just means that she's not releasing her delegates. She's basically conceding the race but keeping the delegates for leverage in forming the platform.