Letters To Santa Living Room Show April 5, 2008

Is there ANY WAY to get this NOT in this torrent format? I seriously have tried, I just dont have the skill or the luck, or the proper equipment or something that is required in order to get those torrents! Now, I usually just survive on what I can find, the records, and the "Roadcase" on the website. However, when something like this comes along, I dont mind resorting to begging! Anyone? Please help! While I'm here, if you havent gave it a listen, the 5/17/08 show from St. Louis is up on their website (so are the other two from St. Louis), and it is wonderful!!! Actually it's 4:43am and I'm listening to the 2nd to last song on the list right.....it's going to be a sleepy day at work since I need to be up in 3 hours and 16 minutes! Okay that's all, but sosmeone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me find a way to get this most recent living room solo show!!!!! Thanks a ton in advance!

John

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there ANY WAY to get this NOT in this torrent format? I seriously have tried, I just dont have the skill or the luck, or the proper equipment or something that is required in order to get those torrents!

Is your problem with any downloads, or just with torrents? If you go back to Analogman's post and check out the link to the Wilco Live Archive in his signature line, you'll find a ton of shows that can be downloaded with using torrent software. Most of those shows are in .flac format, so you will need to convert them, so if that's a problem for you too, then yes, a B&P is probably your best bet. Post a request in the trading forum (Greatest Lost Track of All Time) if you don't get a response here. Oh, and if you need help with the technicalities of dowloading/converting stuff from the WLA site, feel free to PM me, or check out the info in the trading forum (there's lots of tech help going on over there).

Is there ANY WAY to get this NOT in this torrent format? I seriously have tried, I just dont have the skill or the luck, or the proper equipment or something that is required in order to get those torrents! Now, I usually just survive on what I can find, the records, and the "Roadcase" on the website. However, when something like this comes along, I dont mind resorting to begging! Anyone? Please help! While I'm here, if you havent gave it a listen, the 5/17/08 show from St. Louis is up on their website (so are the other two from St. Louis), and it is wonderful!!! Actually it's 4:43am and I'm listening to the 2nd to last song on the list right.....it's going to be a sleepy day at work since I need to be up in 3 hours and 16 minutes! Okay that's all, but sosmeone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me find a way to get this most recent living room solo show!!!!! Thanks a ton in advance!

John

Now that man needs a copy of this show! :lol Love your passion about this.

So I will send the CDs to you in the mail if you give me your mailing address. I made copies for the people attending, and I have an extra set or two. ;)

If anyone else cannot download from torrents (like me), send me a private message with your address and I'll send CDs for a while - perhaps until Owl can get this uploaded to Owl & Bear. :)

I was never able to figure out the port forwarding business, but I'm happy to announce that yesterday The Geek Squad was at my house and he said the reason for that was my antiquated wireless router. Now I need to make a date with me and my new router to try to figure it out again.

:frog
If anyone else cannot download from torrents (like me), send me a private message with your address and I'll send CDs for a while - perhaps until Owl can get this uploaded to Owl & Bear. :)
:frog

can someone zip the mp3's maybe would be easy for non torrent people? i know its against hte trading laws and all that but serously people need to hear this

Pictures from Morgan's party and the show. (new camera - still learning it - some blurry pics)

Thank you Morgan, Erin, and Wendy and Edie.

Thanks for the stories and the pics -- I remain appropriately jealous again this year. Anyone know who is with Sue in picture 87 above? I've seen her with Sue at 3 or 4 shows now (took requests at the Vic solo show '07 for ex.) and was wondering her role

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry for the reply in this space, but I remember some fantastic poster art from one of the "Letters to Santa..." shows that featured a fountain in the yard where the show was played, a woman pouring water from a pitcher over her head. Did a search on here (I'm thinking it may be archived) and on gigposters.com but didn't see it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Looking to give the artist (someone on here?) some work. Thanks for any help you could give.

-Red