Letters To Santa Living Room Show April 5, 2008

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's always difficult to comment on these living room show postings out of envy. The recordings that exist of these living room shows are by far my favorites.

Looks like a spectacular evening!

n1155513375_31460321_6492.jpg

This picture rules.

Does anyone know what kind of Gibson Jeff is playing there?

I know that AtticusPoon is playing is a Taylor 314ce. Damn that Taylor is sweet. I think it is from the vaunted MattZ collection of 2 guitars. :lol

Guest Jules
Does anyone know what kind of Gibson Jeff is playing there?

I know that AtticusPoon is playing is a Taylor 314ce. Damn that Taylor is sweet. I think it is from the vaunted MattZ collection of 2 guitars. :lol

You could have asked him yourself, you know.

:monkey

Interesting - maybe Solace can do something.

Yeah, it looks like we're missing about three months of posts January to March 2006, I seem to remember some sort of minor crash at around that time so they might have been wiped out, they aren't in the archives (which start at December of 2005) or on this version of the board.

--Mike

Yeah, it looks like we're missing about three months of posts January to March 2006, I seem to remember some sort of minor crash at around that time so they might have been wiped out, they aren't in the archives (which start at December of 2005) or on this version of the board.

--Mike

I think that is right -

--Mike

I think that is right -

:heartbroken Some of these posts were so cool. The guy who started the thread won an unofficial award for "best first-time poster"

That's good to know.

I'm sorry, I didn't even see your post. I was just making a general statement. But I'm sure the show will surface eventually. They probably have to edit out my misplaced e minor and/or any unintentional singing I may have peed into the feed.

Btw, I have a couple of videos from the show, is it against the rules to put them on my youtube site? I won't put any links to jeff or wilco...

You'd probably have to ask Wendy or Edie to be sure, but I'm almost positive it is against 'the rules.' I'm pretty sure an agreement was made which is why we never see any of them on YouTube.

I'm sorry, I didn't even see your post. I was just making a general statement. But I'm sure the show will surface eventually. They probably have to edit out my misplaced e minor and/or any unintentional singing I may have peed into the feed.

I'd prefer the un-edited version. Looking forward to the Pieholden duet...

thanks for letting me know. I know that I stipulated in my contract for the duets I performed that I was to receive volkswagen royalties for any reproductions or descriptions of the songs with or without the prior written consent of the national football league.

thanks for letting me know. I know that I stipulated in my contract for the duets I performed that I was to receive volkswagen royalties for any reproductions or descriptions of the songs with or without the prior written consent of the national football league.

phwew

I guess I could put them up though privately and only let attendees see them. I'll wait til wendy calls me back.

In the meantime, in lieu of the videos, imagine me sitting in jeff's lap, as we stared into each other's eyes and played "I'm always in love" to each other.

I'll never forget that moment

:wub

Does the audio for this typically show up on etree, or is there some other way that us less fortunate souls can get a copy? Thanks,

We'll post in this thread when it is ready, so like always, patience ... ;)

It will go up on etree soon after all the donors get a chance to receive their copies (at least that's the plan).

And I'm hoping Owl will upload it to Owl & Bear's Wilco Archive for posterity (and torrent-challenged folks like me), but I have not even asked him about it yet. :blush

I'd prefer the un-edited version. Looking forward to the Pieholden duet...

:wub it was so beautiful! Thank you so much, Neil, for playing along with Jeff. :) It really enriched the song which is TRULY one of my favorites, and you were so good. Seriously - all the accompanists during the show - MattZ and Erin and you - added another level of (I guess) interconnectedness (for lack of a better word) to the event. I admire you all so much for having the guts to get up there in the first place! (I hated piano recitals as a kid, just horribly panic-inducing for me :worried )

As to the videos on youtube ... :hmm ... I'll have to get back to you for sure but I think it's probably a no at Jeff & Susan's request. I'm really glad we get the audio to share though. Can you imagine not having that? Thanks so much Warner, for everything you did to capture the moment for us!

I am getting more forgetful as I get older, but one thing's for sure -- as long as I'm of sound mind, I won't ever forget this past weekend, thanks to all the wonderful people involved, especially Edie (and Morgan & Erin!). :hug And having Molly there finally, and our forever immortalized "Sunday with Neil" -- I just wish it didn't happen in such hyperspeed. It really flies by!

And of course the ultimate thanks to Jeff & Susan for sharing so much with us, and Heather from Second City Letters to Santa for everything she does to make the auction happen and to direct some financial help to Chicagoans in true need. Real goodness.

In the meantime, in lieu of the videos, imagine me sitting in jeff's lap, as we stared into each other's eyes and played "I'm always in love" to each other.

I'll never forget that moment

:wub

Thanks, you just made me spit coffee all over my monitor.. :lol

We'll post in this thread when it is ready, so like always, patience ... ;)

It will go up on etree soon after all the donors get a chance to receive their copies (at least that's the plan).

And I'm hoping Owl will upload it to Owl & Bear's Wilco Archive for posterity (and torrent-challenged folks like me), but I have not even asked him about it yet. :blush

I think we have all the living shows that are available - still waiting on one from last year - I think. If I recall - the first year was not taped. We don't have a venue column on our show list - sometimes, I think maybe I should have made one. We have a date/city column for all of the shows though. The shows are by listed by date on the Wilco Archive main page. Also - all of the living room shows are not in Wilcobase.