What's the price of gas where you are?

Just went over $3.00 for a gallon of regular in central NJ... for some reason I think we have the cheapest prices in the nation at the moment, but it's insane. Oil companies reporting record profits... DUH! They're fleecing us.

What's the price by you, and have you done anything to curtail your fuel usage? I, unfortunately, live in an area where I have no choice but to drive significant distances every day.

:realmad

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay about $3.29 on average. I don't understand how Jersey does it - when we visit my wife's family in Bergen County, we cross the state borders and one second we're in NY where it's like $3.50, the next second Jersey and it's under $3.

Greenville, SC - Paid $3.20 this morning on my way to work, and it's been over three dollars for several weeks now. But I'm sure that's still pretty cheap compared to a lot of places around the country (or world for that matter.. hate to see what you UK folks are paying).

i paid 3.22 a week ago. 20 gallons of that = teh hurt

At the exit off I-94 where I work (Baker Road/Dexter), you can get unleaded regular for $3.28.

In Ann Arbor proper, it's more like $3.39.

I drive an Accord, and when we were in Chicago this weekend I put $49 in my gas tank. I could have gotten it to $50, but it wasn't that long ago that I passed the $40 milestone for the first time, and I just wasn't psychologically prepared for that next level of insanity quite yet.

The last time I filled up it was $3.35, but I think it's gone up since then. New York state prices are always higher than they are in Pennsylvania, and the prices in my town are about 10 cents more than they are in Binghamton, about an hour from here, where I used to live. Thursdays are sale day at the gas station up the road from where I work. I'm hoping I can make it until then to save a few cents a gallon.

The last time I filled up it was $3.35, but I think it's gone up since then. New York state prices are always higher than they are in Pennsylvania, and the prices in my town are about 10 cents more than they are in Binghamton, about an hour from here, where I used to live. Thursdays are sale day at the gas station up the road from where I work. I'm hoping I can make it until then to save a few cents a gallon.

I thought for sure that you'd say $3.63. :ohwell

Around $3.45-49 in the Chicago burbs.

I try to ride my bike to work once or twice a week. Eh.

...and we've been hovering around $3.50 for weeks now.

Our car used to fill up with less that $25.....now it takes close to $50.

I take the Metra into downtown - though that isn't anything new - no way would I make that drive on a regular basis. I prefer to keep what little sanity I have left.

And as for Graham's bike riding - he is a brave soul - 8-9 miles on suburban roads, with heavy traffic, most certainly not designed for bikes. I get really worried.

Paid $3.49 at the I90 oasis in Des Plaines. Like Wendy said, it's 20 or 30 cents more a gallon in the city. To fill up my Accord, it was just under $49.

Around $3.25ish in Columbus, OH.

I wonder at what point, if any, this will have any sort of effect on workplace cultures. I have a job that allows me to work remotely through VPN access, but the work-from-home thing has always been viewed as one of those use-it-but-don't-abuse-it privileges. Working from home is ok as long as it is done sparingly, but 99% of the time we are expected to physically be in the office. I wonder if those attitudes will become more lax over time.

$3.80 for regular in the uppity rich town of Coronado, CA.*

In San Diego, the price of premium is the same price as regular in Coronado.

*I am sure that I am the poorest person in town.

yeah, gas prices are insane here in chicago... and i can't figure out why. being on the main train and highway piplines seems like it would be cheaper. i'm thinking it is some insane tax the city charges. i try and get my gas in schiller park, just before the city lines :)

We are at about $3.40 or so here in Poughkeepsie-istan.

yeah, gas prices are insane here in chicago... and i can't figure out why. being on the main train and highway piplines seems like it would be cheaper. i'm thinking it is some insane tax the city charges. i try and get my gas in schiller park, just before the city lines :)

Illinois state tax + cook county tax + city of chicago tax + city blend of gas.