What's the price of gas where you are?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went over $3.00 for a gallon of regular in central NJ... for some reason I think we have the cheapest prices in the nation at the moment, but it's insane. Oil companies reporting record profits... DUH! They're fleecing us.

What's the price by you, and have you done anything to curtail your fuel usage? I, unfortunately, live in an area where I have no choice but to drive significant distances every day.

:realmad

$3 a gallon and you dont have to pump your own gas! sounds good for me haha, it was 3.24 today in southern Rhode Island

I don't own a car - but I often wonder how people afford to fuel all the Hummers, Cadillac Escalades, etc. that I see the college kids driving around here.

Find their parents and you'll find your answer. Well, that or fake minority scholarships.

Tonight it was $3.14 at the station near work..but other gas stations locally are up to $3.25(including the station 2 blocks to the east of the station I filled up at tonight). It really depends on where you go in the area. I forgot, I drive about 25 miles to town to work...so that's 50 miles a day and I go through about a tank per week.

$3.45 here in the Heart of Hoosierland. Highest prices since that little spike directly following Katrina. Talking with a friend of mine (who drives 35-40 miles each way to his job) I asked him how much it takes to drive his Ram to work each week. "Eighty dollars or so". Which is close to the same price as a mortgage on an average home here. Jeebus. I'm so glad I live a mile and a half from my job.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw $3.69 on the way into work this morning for regular unleaded. God only knows how much it will be when I go home this afternoon. It sucks living at the end of the distribution chain.